UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watched the first Embedded, and even after all these years it's crazy to see Miocic working a regular job. The heavyweight world champion washing up and sweeping the floor, and talking about how it's good to have a back up plan. Mental to think that he probably views being one of the GOAT as his side job. There won't be any problems with him adjusting to retired life, that's for sure. 

• Paid Members

Love the big bastard. This is the ultimate babyface vs babyface match. Has there ever been a Heavyweight fight between 2 big lumps as likeable as Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou? Whatever the result on Saturday night (still think Stipe wins), I’m going to be a weird mix of happy and gutted either way. 

I like both on a personal level. 

But I really want Miocic to win to confirm my perceptions of them as fighters. I really rate Miocic as a fighter, but don't rate Ngannou that highly. 

I would also prefer to see Miocic vs Jones over Jones vs Ngannou. I think Ngannou vs a sluggish/bloated version of Jones would be utter wank, with Jones probably winning on points. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I’ve finally got around to updating the opening post with the changes. Killed me deleting Volk vs Ortega from the post. Here’s the card as it stands 2 days out. I think this is the bout order as well. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:34 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Saturday 27th March at the APEX in Sin City...

F2628609-EAC1-480-F-B5-F1-67-D9-C11-B7-D

PPV MAIN CARD 
Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou - Heavyweight Title

Tyron Woodley vs Vicente Luque

Thomas Almeida vs Sean O’Malley

Gillian Robertson vs Miranda Maverick

Jamie Mullarkey vs Khama Worthy

ESPN PRELIMS  
Alonzo Menifield vs Fabio Cherant

Jared Gooden vs Abubakar Nurmagomedov

Michal Oleksiejczuk vs Modestas Bukauskas

Shane Young vs Omar Morales

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS
Abu Azaitar vs Marc-Andre Barriault 

We’ll see. This card has taken a bit of a beating. I’ll be shocked if all 10 of these fights actually go ahead on Saturday. 

• Paid Members

id love to see Ngannou win it but the prospect of Jones fighting Miocic in a greatest 205lb vs. greatest heayweight fight just seems like the kind of thing we may never get to see again. So even if Miocic does win, i wont be complaining.

• Paid Members

I love this.

There’s very few fighters like Stipe, especially at the highest levels, where there seems to be zero ego or buying into their own hype. If anyone deserves to bask in the glory of their accomplishments it’s a guy like this, yet he seems less impressed by it all than anyone. I’m sure deep down he’s proud of what he’s done but it’s quite refreshing to see the Heavyweight GOAT just taking this incredible list of accolades in his stride and not getting swept up in it and becoming arrogant or complacent. It’s probably a big part of why he’s been so successful, on top of his overall superior skills obviously.

The Cain Velasquez arse lickers have been piping up a bit on Twitter. I think they’re all pulling for Ngannou tomorrow just so they can use it against Stipe and claim Cain’s still the best. But whether Stipe wins tomorrow night or not, he’s already surpassed Cain in the best HW convo some time ago. There’s been a lot of talk on social media this week about who the Heavyweight GOAT is and BT Sport put some poll up on who’d win a fight between Stipe and Cain. But that’s not the same question and people seem to have confused the two. Like I still think the Featherweight GOAT is Jose Aldo, despite the 13 seconds against McGregor. He lost to McGregor the one time they fought but that doesn’t cancel out the insane run Aldo had. The GOAT in any weight class should be based on level of opposition, longevity, quality of performances, manner of the wins, title reigns/defences etc. If you base it off one fight then there’s a case that Matt Serra is the best Welterweight ever for the win over GSP. Or Stefan Struve as the best Heavyweight for beating Stipe. Weidman best Middleweight etc. Doesn’t work like that. Even if you think the best Cain beats the best Stipe in a one off fight, Cain still hasn’t had the run at HW that Stipe has. It’s just the way it is. 

• Paid Members

There's no argument when you want to compare resume's, Stipe is comfortably the GOAT at heavyweight.

But if we're talking Prime Cain vs. Prime Stipe in a fantasy fight, i pick Cain, but that's a seperate discussion.