UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I dont think it was ever confirmed, just how everyone thought it'd play out.

Plus i still think if Izzy beats Jan and then if Joones becomes heavyweight champ by the end of the year, Izzy calls for that fight at heavyweight. 

• Paid Members

I could swear it was confirmed a while ago. Must’ve dreamt it.

Nope. Dana confirmed it here weeks ago;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2021/1/19/22239079/ufc-260-mma-news-interview-dana-white-jon-jones-francis-ngannou-stipe-miocic-heavyweight-fight

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

I think Jones would have a tough time going back to 205 now. He looks to have really committed to this heavyweight move and done it right, packing a lot of muscle mass onto his frame rather than just hitting the fast food.

320.jpgJon-Jones-continues-heavyweight-body-tra

Yeah, he might have to change his nickname now. ‘Bones’ doesn’t seem appropriate now he’s bulked up. Wonder how many grains of salt in an Olympic swimming pool’s worth of picograms are in his system at the moment. 

10 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm fairness, even his belly looks like it's a bit shocked at the weight Jones is about to do a strict curl on... 

Yeah I was going to mention that, but he's hardly Roy Nelson there. You see lots of people that move up to heavyweight and basically just use it an excuse to fuck their diet off and live on KFC. Gian Villante is a recent example off the top of my head. Jones is at least adding muscle to his frame, makes sense that there'd be a little extra fat too.

Although to Wand's point, maybe "done it right" isn't the best turn of phrase when it comes to Jones. Let's see how he acts the next time USADA stop by.

• Paid Members

Nothing special but Marcin Tybura vs Blagoy Ivanov and Abu Azaitar vs Marc-Andre Barriault have been added to this card. I’d imagine the rest of the card will fill out fairly quickly now with it being just over a month away.

I’ve updated the opening post. Be interesting to see if Azaitar finds a way to be as big a fuck up as his brother Ottman was recently. He’s already had run ins with USADA recently so it seems stupidity runs in the family. 

Some decent articles about Miocic for anyone interested:

Jack Slack on Miocic's use of tactics - https://www.vice.com/en/article/bjyb7q/stipe-miocic-king-of-the-heavyweights

Danny Martin and Kyle McLachlan debate Miocic vs Fedor - https://www.thefight-site.com/home/who-is-the-real-heavyweight-goat-miocic-or-fedor 

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

Ahhh fuck, I was looking forward to that one. 

Still, I was worried when I opened this thread that Miocic vs Ngannou 2 had been cancelled. While Volk vs Ortega is the better fight of the two, I really want to get Miocic vs Ngannou 2 out of the way with. I want to see Jones fight one of them, preferably Miocic, as soon as possible. 

Edit:

Edited by jimufctna24