Post of the Year 2023 starts on Page 6

HarmonicGenerator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bomberpat nails the head.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

WWE's problem with empty arena has been that it's really no different to the green screen AWA stuff - they're pretending that there is an audience, even when there isn't one. All that does is highlight how irrelevant fans actually are to the way they structure their shows - if people are wrestling exactly the same regardless of whether there's an audience there, can they really ever make the case that a babyface is drawing energy from the crowd's support, or that an audience reaction has any bearing on the story of a match whatsoever?

They can't do an entire show of Terry Funk vs. Jerry Lawler Empty Arena Matches, but I find it baffling that they've stuck to the tired old wrestling TV format. There's no reason to structure the show as a linear three hour live block when there's no live audience to entertain. Do a handful of matches from the Performance Center, but also some stuff shot on location elsewhere, promos from a studio setting, matches from the vault, and so on. It should look somewhere between Memphis studio wrestling and the old ECW TV where it would basically be stitched together from footage of different shows with promos and lead-ins by Joey Styles.

Why did the Roman Reigns/Jey Uso feud, for example, have to just play out as a conventional wrestling story with "live" in-ring promos, run-ins, and all the rest of it? Could that story have not been better served with archive matches and footage of the Anoai family and their contributions to WWE over the years, with documentary footage of them as kids and breaking into the business together, interviews with Rikishi, Afa and Sika....and so on. 

It all should have been an opportunity to break away from WWE's biggest problem - that their production has been unchanged for the better part of 20 years, and the way they structure TV has been the same for even longer. 

Edited by seph

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Every day is a bad day at the office for me in this current place of employ.
The main reason being that little rat in my office who whistles all day, eats apples, ends every single sentence with a condescending question mark inflection and clicks his fingers when he stands up to walk - and turns a corner or goes through a door - like he was in West Side Story.
He bought a 2011 Skoda Octavia last week because - and I quote - "It shows my progression in society?". He also said to one of the girls here "As you can see, I keep myself very fit?" because he goes for a walk with his dog in the evenings.

And, even though myself and a couple of others here know that he ate an apple that I wiped a days worth of arse on, it doesn't help or placate me in any way.

Also, he's a grass and a brown nose to anyone in an authoritative position within the company. A lass - sound, bubbly, chatty, funny (which he took umbrage with) - started in November. Made her life hell and had her sacked before Christmas.

Every day, I have to look at that little shitebah. And I hate being angry, because that's not me and the fact I'm angry and letting that energy out of me, angers me even more, but for some reason this lad really gets me wound up, literally the guts of 9 hours a day. Just the sight of the Oxo slurping bastard.

Rent free. With supper.

I love how much Branquey hates this lad. Sorry pal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...