UFC 258: Usman vs Burns - Feb 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I think with no disrespect intended towards Chiesa he hasn't got a chance in hell of beating Usman. I think he will need alot more work than just 1 more win to be a credible contender otherwise it's pretty much a case of making a fight just for the sake of it.

Oh, I don't think he does either, but let's face it: if someone earns themselves into contendership, then a matchmaker can't deny them a championship challenge on the basis that they or others don't think said challenger will win. There has to be that benefit of the doubt, because, as we've all seen over the years, there have been a fair few shock title changes. For all we know, unlikely as it seems, maybe Chiesa has Usman's number; perhaps he's some fighter like Tyson Fury now who fights to his opponent's level and can step it up when he needs to. Very doubtful, but either way he has to be given the chance to prove that if he earns a title shot. It's all on him to do that once he's in the cage, obviously.

Besides, if we work on the logic that nobody who looks like they could beat a champ should be given a shot, then Masvidal wouldn't have got to fight him, no? He is demonstrably a much better fighter than he was a few years ago, and he's lined up the wins, but did anyone ever really give him a chance against Usman?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Besides, if we work on the logic that nobody who looks like they could beat a champ should be given a shot, then Masvidal wouldn't have got to fight him, no? He is demonstrably a much better fighter than he was a few years ago, and he's lined up the wins, but did anyone ever really give him a chance against Usman?

I don’t think many on here gave him much of a shot but there did seem to be a staggering number of people acting like he was just going to roll in on 2 weeks notice and put Usman in the morgue. Because he’s gangsta and had some masterplan and had been training in secret or something. For some I think because of how Masvidal killed Askren with that knee while he shot for the takedown, they figured Usman was heading for the same fate. Ignoring the fact that Usman is way more well rounded than Askren, way less predictable than Askren and has two working hips unlike Askren. As dull as the fight itself turned out to be, I’ve never been happier with a nothing happening, footstompfest 50-45 shutout.

I’ve got no real interest in Usman vs Masvidal 2. TUF won’t change that for me. Masvidal vs Covington or even Masvidal vs Diaz as TUF coaches would be better in my opinion, and the added bonus is it wouldn’t tie up the title for a big chunk of the year either. The problem is Usman is pushing for the TUF gig and it’s hard to deny him what he wants given what he’s done. He’s earned the chance to kind of call his own shot every now and then. I think TUF would be good for him and he’d come across well. But I’m just not feeling the Masvidal pairing at all. Masvidal’s done nothing since the one sided loss last time and there’s already 3 or 4 more deserving challengers waiting in the wings. 

• Paid Members

Is Usman calling for it? if so, the Masvidal pairing is a no brainer as that's the fight he's also calling for me. Big money fight, TV exposure and against a guy you already shut out 50-45. Cant fault him for calling for it.