2021 Celebrity Death Thread

• Paid Members

Read about his cancer the other week, sadly I was sceptical as he was a known huckster, but he was tragically genuine this time.  Very sad.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Dad died on Friday. Ben Spiller was a pretty great guy. I can't claim he's an actual celebrity but it's possible if you are from the Reading area you'd know him. He won the pride of Reading award i

Not what I've heard!

I'll not actively court it, because I fear he'll haunt me (and it's as much as I deserve), but I have already seen a bump in sales. The sole thing that allowed me to financially survive the first

Posted Images

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I'll not actively court it, because I fear he'll haunt me

He wont. He's a good brother like yourself. He once went on Howard Stern purely to promote that he was going to lose his house and he'd like you to buy shit from his website.

9639-rs-06-13-06-dustin-diamond-and-his-

• Paid Members

Ahh, man.

Wright covers a lot of his most notable films there but as with all these great old character actors, there were so many more like Rituals, The Firm and Wall Street. What a brilliant actor.

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

And it was called Screeched - Saved by the Smell and not Diamond in the Buff. 

That's the real tragedy here. 

RIP. 

There was a time when him and Bagwell were around that industry at the same time too, I think, so the legacy could've been very different.

RIP.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ahh, man.

Wright covers a lot of his most notable films there but as with all these great old character actors, there were so many more like Rituals, The Firm and Wall Street. What a brilliant actor.

He was a superb actor. Like D-Mal says he was one of those great old character actors. He would appear in everything and you knew he would play whatever he was asked perfectly. I am re-watching the West Wing, I might have to fast forward to the couple of episodes he is in. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

He was a superb actor. Like D-Mal says he was one of those great old character actors. He would appear in everything and you knew he would play whatever he was asked perfectly. I am re-watching the West Wing, I might have to fast forward to the couple of episodes he is in. 

He was just great, this generation of character actor that came through New Hollywood in the 70s is steadily dying out and it's really sad as we will probably never have another era of performers quite like them.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He was just great, this generation of character actor that came through New Hollywood in the 70s is steadily dying out and it's really sad as we will probably never have another era of performers quite like them.

That New Hollywood period really is the GOAT for just about everything. Easily my favourite period in mainstream American film history. 

While they're maybe not up there with the Pacinos, Hackmans and Nicholsons, the likes of Sam Rockwell and John Hawkes give me hope. 

• Paid Members

I finished The Sopranos again last week and I always forget about his little cameo in it. It always seems crazy that an actor of his caliber spent the majority of his career bouncing around TV shows, but it always seemed by choice, happy being a jobbing TV actor to pay the bills in-between doing his Mark Twain stage shows. Speak volumes for him that he would usually be the best thing in a film when he appeared, regardless of who was in it.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

While they're maybe not up there with the Pacinos, Hackmans and Nicholsons, the likes of Sam Rockwell and John Hawkes give me hope. 

Can't agree with you on Rockwell at all, I almost never enjoy him in anything. John Hawkes is great and also a good leading actor as well.