2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

• Paid Members

Fucking hell this has made me cry this morning. During my really depressed days I'd find myself spending hours watching clips of him on panel shows or his stand up because it was just brilliant. He was so gifted at comedy and I'm absolutely gutted he's gone.

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I guess I should check that show out based on this thread.. Is it on any streaming services?

I watched both series’ in full on YouTube 3 or 4 years ago. Some guy had uploaded every episode.

Just checked now and it seems they are still there. “ChorltonBrook” is the username.

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I guess I should check that show out based on this thread.. Is it on any streaming services?

I don't think so, I think it's DVD only.

You can get it for £1.90 used from Amazon if you want to take the risk. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/15-Storeys-High-Complete-BBC/dp/B000LRYT9K

EDIT: Or youtube, like everyone else has said. 

Edited by gmoney

That is absolutely shit news. 

One of the funniest things I've ever seen is the Johnny Vaughan episode of short lived TV Heaven, Telly Hell. The two of them play off each other so well, and it's well worth half an hour of your time.

The Johnny Vegas episode is also great as well.

One thing that has stuck with me is when Sean described social media like walking down the street shouting out loud "I am going to the cinema!" and it often makes me laugh when I think about it and then I giggle to myself for a while.

Edit: original link wasn't the full version.  Just watched it again. Magical.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Awards Moderator

Well isn't this the shittest of news? Someone (I think) guaranteed to unite the UKFF in finding someone funny, so sarcastic, deadpan and above it all and yet part of the joke too. 

Some links for those commenting earlier: Carrot in a Box

And 15 Storeys High is still on YouTube (chalk me up as someone else who hasn't seen it yet I remember the UKFF banging on about it since it aired):

https://www.youtube.com/c/ChorltonBrook/videos

• Paid Members

This is absolutely rubbish news to wake up to. One of the funniest people I've ever seen on TV.

This is probably my favourite panel show bit he did, although the bit about seal-clubbing and losing out on Rectum Of The Year to Diego Maradonna also slew me.

RIP.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Well isn't this the shittest of news? Someone (I think) guaranteed to unite the UKFF in finding someone funny, so sarcastic, deadpan and above it all and yet part of the joke too. 

Some links for those commenting earlier: Carrot in a Box

And 15 Storeys High is still on YouTube (chalk me up as someone else who hasn't seen it yet I remember the UKFF banging on about it since it aired):

https://www.youtube.com/c/ChorltonBrook/videos

Here's the rematch as well which is always worth a watch https://youtu.be/Bp04HZDCELw

Sean Lock had this ability to take a mundane panel show and elevate it. I would often skip an 8 out of 10 Cats if he wasn't on. But he seemed to be a comedian's comedian as well based on the outpouring of tributes. I am currently waiting for 15 Storeys High DVD having recently ordered it based on friends recommendations so the timing is unfortunate in some ways. Such a shame. 

Just seen this. Not only did it crack me up, but it even has a UKFF fan favorite reference in it

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

My favourite comedian has changed a few times over the years, but Sean Lock was #1 more than any other. As said above, if he wasn’t on the panel of his regular shows, I would turn it over in disappointment.

I’ve seen many, many comedians live over the last 25 years and was lucky enough to catch him in Ipswich about 10 years ago. It was by far the best comedy gig I’ve ever been to, by quite some way. He was leagues above his peers.

I remember tuning in the Cats Does Countdown a while back and being worried when his voice seemed badly affected by something. I knew he was a heavy smoker and worried the he was ill.

Celebrity death seems to get less difficult to compute as you get older, but Sean’s death has really hit me today.