Cobra Kai - S5 and general discussion (may contain spoilers)

John Matrix

• Paid Members

It does a really good job of presenting Daniel as the villain for parts of the first series. You really feel for Johnny. The way it kind of retells the original Karate Kid is really clever. 

I've just finished season 3, after binging the lot over a week or so. It's such simple viewing, with a few pop moments. Season 3 especially has a few really rewarding bits, if you'd avidly watched the movies when they came out, as a skinny, geeky kid. I loved it, I really liked Johnny, and I'll jump up and down on season 4 as soon as it turns up.  

• Paid Members

I started this thread when my anticipation for the new season was peaking and with every intention of diving head first into the discussion, then, a week ago we began self isolating due to a positive test at my sons nursery, and now as if my general depression, anxiety and SAD weren’t kicking me in the bollocks hard enough, I’m so fucking burnt out juggling the whole home schooling thing then working nights to make up the day job hours, I have a million unanswered texts, emails and notifications, but I need to take a break and ditch the devices for a bit to de-clutter my brain.  

As I type this, I have the faintest slither of battery remaining at which point I’ve no intention of sticking my phone back on charge until Tuesday when our quarantine period lifts - I’m on the verge of tears as confirmation of our youngest sons early needs assessment has come through, I highly expect that he may be autistic and so I’m just about finished off.

...and then...

One last glimpse at my Instagram account, a quiet day.  One like.  One follower....

Will sound fucking pathetic the above considered, but I can’t tell you what that’s done for me today.  Crying my eyes out for a totally different reason now, especially given he only follows about 30 people, most of which are cast and crew.

6C963252-29BE-4FAE-A954-EE8631D7945D.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Most of the season was really hit and miss for me and allot of the writing was utter dog shit but the finale did make up for it quite a bit.

Binged watched it in just over a day. Really enjoyed this season, good mix of old storylines and throwbacks and lots of new stuff to keep it progressing.  It's crazy how much you can get invested in karate and it's importance in the Valley.

The Karate Kid movies, or films as I would have called them back in the day, where huge for me as a kid, so getting to learn back stories for the characters I remember whilst making something that my 12 year old also loves is just amazing to me 

• Paid Members

Just finished it now. Some of the writing may be the worst for a mainstream show on Netflix, which is saying something. I've seen people online try and add subtext and depth but when it was bad, it was very bad. 

The kids seem to take a backseat this season, they were barely in it. 

Also Stingray needs to fuck off. 

Disappointing series with a few great moments.