UFC Fight Island: Holloway vs Kattar - Jan 16 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Love it...

That should be a cracking fight by the way.Β 

That's very classy from Li. I enjoyed that clip a lot.

This main card looks a bit tasty on paper doesn't it? The main event is going to be fun no matter what, neither guy is involved in a dud. I think a title shot looms for either guy next once Ortega gets his fight.Β 

The co main is a nostaliga dream, I love Condit a lot so I am really pulling for him here. I think both fighters are going to call it a day after this one, I'm sure I heard this is Condit's last fight on his contract. I can hardly see him getting signed to another contract win or lose and I don't think he would go to another company. Matt Brown I am unsure about, he's retired once before so a second retirement is never going to be surprising when that happens.

A dominating victory for Ponz I think could really sky rocket him into the rankings, hopefully he is just as good as he was before injuries struck.

Buckley is going to be fun, I have a feeling we're going to see a more calm and composed version of him, heΒ followed up that ridiculous highlight reel kick with another knock out so I think the pressure is off him to perform another feat of magic, instead I think he's going to be more reserved and box his way to a victory. Let's see, I could be wrong.Β 

I'm genuinely so excited for this tonight, It's been the longest 4 weeks in a long while.Β 
With them having fans back and like you said EGG this card is really good with the spotlight really being on the up and coming talent and if that wasn't enough a perfect 6pm start time for us here in the ukΒ 

Question on that is it a 5pm fight pass prelim card or is it just prelims/Main card.

Either way I'm counting down the hours until the first fight this eveningΒ 

5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

from what i can gather, there's prelims on Fight Pass from 5. Then they'll start showing fights from 6 on BT, main card at 8.

Β 

Yeah I just went onto Fightpass There are fightpass prelims on at 5 then the main prelims on BT sport from 6pm. Fuck me I'm so stoked they could have booked complete unknown nobodies on the entire show and I think every MMA fan in the world would still be super excited and tune in and watch haha.Β 

This main event is so interesting though for a few reasons, If Max goes in there and picks up a huge decisive win then he is 1 step closer to getting the 3rd fight with Volkanovski (However I still belive he needs to pick up a couple more before getting the title shot again) But if Kattar pulls out a big win then he makes a huge jump in the rankings and like Dana said last night on the preview interview will more than likely jump up to the #2 spot and is well on his way to a potential title shot sometime this year.Β 

I genuinely am not at all on board for the 3rd fight between max and Volkanovski to take place anywhere before the end of the year. I think Volkov needs to get out there and take on other people just as much as Max needs to earn that shot again and As much as it helps his case I don't believe that a win tonight against Kattar is a sufficient argument to make that fight so soon. But time will tell and we will see who walks out of that cage the victor in just a few hoursΒ 

I mean that is a massive help in his favour even though i scored both the title fights in Alexanders favour you can't help but watch interviews with Holloway and just know he is a all round great guy and truly likeable in a sport full of questionable and seedy characters.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Volkanovski/Ortega.

And speaking ofΒ that, nothing is set in stoneΒ yet but Helwani reckons the plan is for Miocic vs Ngannou 2 and Volk vs Ortega to top the PPV at the end of March.Β 

Edited by wandshogun09

I'm pretty stoked for the card tonight, I love the fact there is normally UFC cards every week but normally when there's a mini break and they come back with an absolute banger it's so much better.Β  I was going to watch Leicester vs Southampton but the main card looks way better than that.Β