UFC Fight Island: Holloway vs Kattar - Jan 16 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

My enthusiasm for UFC has never been lower, but I caught this show and it was exactly what I needed as a gateway to watching regularly again. The return of some fans made a huge difference, but the biggest clincher was Max’s performance in the main event. Absolutely incredible. It was like he was using cheat codes!

Also - Dan Hardy and Daniel Cormier are a fantastic commentary team. I don’t know if they’re considered the PPV A team now but they should be.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Agree 100% about the fans being back. There wasn't many there, but it made a huge difference. Just a different energy.

Also agree on Hardy, ive never really warmed to him as a commentator but the combination with DC was good. DC himself seems to be divisive amongst fans on commentary but i just he brings a loose, sense of funΒ to the whole thing, he's great.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Also - Dan Hardy and Daniel Cormier are a fantastic commentary team. I don’t know if they’re considered the PPV A team now but they should be.

I don’t think Hardy has ever called a PPV but I might be wrong on that. The PPV team these days usually consists of Jon Anik and some combination of Rogan, Cormier and Cruz.Β 

• Paid Members

Yeah I thought Hardy did a good job. Gives a different insight to some of the other commentators and he certainly oozes passion and knowledge with his takes. There were a few moments where it seemed like he could reign it in a little and I thought we were heading for Herb Dean v Hardy part 2 at times during the main event but otherwise he did a fine job. I like how they have a good number of quality commentators. The switch ups keep it fresh.Β 

• Paid Members

Yeah, they’reΒ spoilt forΒ choiceΒ for colour commentators at the minute. Paul Felder is another one who’s grown on me. And I enjoy Bisping but prefer him when he’s with Brendan Fitzgerald. I find Bisping and DC together a bit much. Bisping and Fitzgerald have good chemistry. It all just highlights how Joe Rogan has run his course as an announcer. There’s too many better options these days. The only one of the current crop who I’m not keen on is Cruz. It’s not so much what he’s saying but he’s too dry and his nasally voice grates after a bit. Plus I still can’t forget his awful commentary during Khabib vs McGregor where he claimed McGregor was just trying to tire Khabib out by letting him ground and pound the bollocks out of him. A woeful reach.Β 

• Paid Members

Yeh, the more I hear of Cruz, whom I do still rate after a fashion, the more I think he'd be much better suited to punditry rather than live announcing. It's a shame they don't have a sports-room-style inter-match segment on UFC. I think I'd much prefer that toΒ just graphics: have them looking at the Tale of the Tape and talk about them in a bit of depth (but I know they have a certain amount of time allotted).

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Agreed. Cruz is really good at analysing and breaking down a fight, tactics and all that. But calling the actual fights, I just don’t think he has any personality and his delivery sounds whiny and monotone. He’s a colour commentator with no colour basically.Β 

Yeah as Jimmy said, it's all subjective.Β We're lucky that they don't have the same 3 man team week in and week out like pro wrestling, if we don't like one person, chances are they won't be on for another few weeks....unless that person is John Anik, if you don't like him, you're screwed.

I love Bisping, DC andΒ Anik and I am starting to love Dan Hardy now. He's incredibly informative and excitable.

I like Rogan and Felder. Both are harmless to me. Rogan is annoying with his biased narrative at times but I still love the guy outside the cage. I am warming to Brendan, he has great chemistry with Bisping.

Cruz is boring and I really dislike John Gooden.Β 

And he's not a commentator but I hate it when Joe Martinez is ring announcing, he gets on my nerves.

When Gooden and Martinez are on duty, I know it's not going to be a great night for me.

Β 

Edited by Zebra Kid Mark