Jump to content

Boxing: Dubois vs. Joyce (28th November) 🥊🇬🇧


Egg Shen
 Share

Who Wins  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

Well, its 3 days away, this deserved its own thread didnt it. As far as sticking two undefeated heavyweight British prospects in the ring it doesnt come much better than this. Its something boxing needs to do more often.

Dubois-copy.jpg

The pandemic ballsed up plans to hold this earlier in the year but Warren and co. finally bit the bullet to allow it go ahead without outs fans. Ironically it looks like from next week boxing fans will be allowed back into arenas which is a bit of a shitter, but its happening Saturday!

The general consesus here and its one i share is that its either gonna be Dubois violently early on, or Joyce is gonna do Joe Joyce things and drag Dubois in deep waters and drown him late. Dubois opens a decent favorite but im fancying Joyce on points at 8/1 from a betting standpoint.

Both guys have been pretty flawless as pro's. Dubois by far the most eye catching of the two, murking fools with frightening power. Joyce is an anomaly, painfully slow but with heavy continuous thudding power. Huge contrast in styles but such an intriguing fight.

IMG_20201125_113456.thumb.jpg.88a5d406c49741a5131d6091d02a6eb4.jpg

The build up itself has been brutal. Both guys are clearly inexperienced and uncomfortable in front of camera but they've been pushed out there to try sell this thing when really it sells itself. If anything i think the promotion has harmed it. Look past the awkwardness and the poor attempts to turn this into a heated rivalry and you have the best domestic fight of the year.

Edited by Egg Shen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If insider reports are to be believed, Joyce has more in his locker than his more recent plodding forward antics would suggest. He's supposed to be able to move quicker, possesses nimble footwork and the ability to slip shots and deliver his own. 

It seems he just hasn't done that of late, and prefer to go with the mentality of "I'll take a punch to give one" under the impression he can wear his opponent down and beat him with sheer volume and pressure.

If he comes in with that approach here he's dicing with it big time. Dubois isn't someone you employ a "take one to give one" approach with. If he decides to throw everything on its head and go the Rocky III 2nd Clubber fight route then he's looking good for the win.

Take his usual approach and I can see him out of there by the end of the fourth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

Thats the best promotional piece ive seen for it. People have been calling for Sam Jones to talk for Joyce from the start and he does more than usual. Proper Pro Wrestling 80's weasily manager vibes 😄 It's a decent little watch.

Edited by Egg Shen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
23 minutes ago, David said:

If insider reports are to be believed, Joyce has more in his locker than his more recent plodding forward antics would suggest. He's supposed to be able to move quicker, possesses nimble footwork and the ability to slip shots and deliver his own. 

It seems he just hasn't done that of late, and prefer to go with the mentality of "I'll take a punch to give one" under the impression he can wear his opponent down and beat him with sheer volume and pressure.

If he comes in with that approach here he's dicing with it big time. Dubois isn't someone you employ a "take one to give one" approach with. If he decides to throw everything on its head and go the Rocky III 2nd Clubber fight route then he's looking good for the win.

Take his usual approach and I can see him out of there by the end of the fourth.

I have to say that I always end up discounting these "insider reports", because you never know these days whether they're genuine, or just the usual attempts at headology. Always the "ah, but you should see what he's done to guys in training", etc. Like McG with Malignaggi and all that.

That said, I'm much more likely to believe it about Joyce than others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

Looking forward to this. Not sure at all what’s going to happen and that always makes a fight that bit more exciting. Not that Triple D needs any help on that front. Love watching him. Seems like such a nice guy as well, which is completely at odds with the destruction he causes between the ropes, one of those fighters you can’t help but root for. I really like Joyce as well and I think a lot of the criticism he’s had is a bit much. I think sometimes he just does what he needs to do. If you don’t or can’t push him, he’ll just systematically take you apart. I think the threat Dubois brings will bring out the absolute best of Joyce here. Whether that’ll be enough is anyone’s guess. 

I’m taking Dubois by stoppage. I do think Joyce has definitely got the skills in the basement to give Dubois real issues, and it’s the first time I’ve felt that way going into a Dubois fight. But in the end, I just see Dubois being too powerful. They’ve both got power but I think Dubois probably lands first in the exchanges and his power is the type that could knock a small house down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Thats the best promotional piece ive seen for it. People have been calling for Sam Jones to talk for Joyce from the start and he does more than usual. Proper Pro Wrestling 80's weasily manager vibes 😄 It's a decent little watch.

Dubois with the least charismatic delivery of 'to be the man you gotta beat the man' 😅

Looking forward to this one, Cant see past Dubois stopping Joyce. 

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I have to say that I always end up discounting these "insider reports", because you never know these days whether they're genuine, or just the usual attempts at headology. Always the "ah, but you should see what he's done to guys in training", etc. Like McG with Malignaggi and all that.

That said, I'm much more likely to believe it about Joyce than others.

By "insider reports" I mean coaches who worked with him on the Olympic team, and former trainers when he first turned pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
31 minutes ago, David said:

By "insider reports" I mean coaches who worked with him on the Olympic team, and former trainers when he first turned pro.

Fair enough. That's much more believable. Also, he gives a general sense that he has more gears to him. I guess we'll see (although, as always at HW and against bomb-throwers like Dubois, all bets are off).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

If you watch box in the WBSS he looks a tad quicker, but he was also 7 years younger and 30 lighter. I cant see Joyce having extra gears to go into at this stage in terms of speed. I think his pro style is what it is.

He 100% needs to be more elusive than usual against Dubois though because Joyce tends to get hit clean often. Clearly has a lot of faith in his chin but he cant be doing that against Dubois.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been going back and forth since this fight was first announced about who will win and decieded I'm going with Joyce by stoppage. I think he will weather a big early storm from Dubois, come back, take over in second half of the fight and get the job done between rounds 8-10. I can't wait for this, one not to be missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
17 minutes ago, David said:

Looking forward to this. Where do we think the winner of the main event goes next? Surely looking at getting into the world title picture?

think theres a chance the winner moves into the mandatory position with the WBO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...