Idle Hands

Monkee

This has been my lockdown project. I've not built a terrarium for 5 or 6 years now and when I was allowed to use our alcove for a build to house rough green snakes I jumped at the chance. 

I picked up the tank in September which was in a sorry state at the time, spent a week or two cleaning it up, resiliconing the seams, building all the hidden skeleton (the false back and floor) and the background and everything has been growing in nicely for a few weeks now. This is also the first time I've ever managed to not only keep moss alive but its actually growing and spreading making a carpet.

I've got a bunch of making of pictures if anybody is bothered, didn't want to photo dump.

0tNHfyA.jpg

Edir: Video won't embed for some reason.

https://i.imgur.com/rcR43nd.gifv

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Monkee said:

That’s an idea. Reckon I could get Ryan Reynolds to retweet it? 🤔

Hopefully. As he's all about the town at the moment (ABC NEWS wwrr doing a feature in the pub tonight as I watched the match), but if he doesn't I still fucking want one. 

19 minutes ago, Nick James said:

That's brilliant. I love the look of terrariums, they have a calming effect on me. Top work.

Cheers, I'm dead chuffed with it. Likewise on the calming thing. I'm working from home still and just looking at it all day is chilling me out, especially with the water feature running.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

My hat arrived today from @Monkee and it’s amazing! Extra points for the splendid presentation and speedy delivery! 

Thank you so much! I’m glad it arrived safe and sound. I’d love to see photos of it being worn if you have 2 mins at some point and wouldn’t mind.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Absolutely, although it’s a Christmas present for Mrs Scratch so I’ll have to wait until then.

I sent some pics to my mate who doesn’t post here and he wondered if you could make him a plain black one. Is that something you’d do?

He messaged me so I’ve relied already. Thanks for the promo!

10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

On the name alone, I've given it a Like. Will share too.

I thought it might me memorable 😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
12 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

My custom colour made to order hat just arrived today. It's gorgeous, very well made and very professionally presented; my wife will be thrilled with it.

And if you get one you're supporting a small business and a longstanding UKFFer. So get on it!

Thank you so much! I’ve had some really nice feedback about your colour choices too so I might have to make a couple more. I’m really glad you’re pleased. I’ve also had that pom-pom for a while but not found the right hat for it to go on so this was a perfect match.

Posting for reference:

C0B27117-E484-418A-9D90-60822CD14600.thumb.jpeg.d5788423241e7e196ca2ab2fe2379455.jpeg

To celebrate my three years of sobriety, I bought myself a new bass. Got an Ibanez SR300. I haven’t really played guitar or anything for a very long time and always used the excuse of having no bass to get out of recording anything. Today I finally got myself set up with a music station. It’s just a simple PreSonus interface connected up to. GarageBand but I can now record guitar and bass easily. And I’ve got my iRig keyboard set up too. 

I probably should’ve done this ages ago but it felt good when I finally got it all working! I also discovered after about half an hour that the reason for the delay between hitting the note and hearing the note through your headphones is because you’re using wireless headphones. 

Either expect some new posts in the music thread or I’ll have given up in a weeks time. And let’s face it, it’s more likely to be the latter.