UFC 256: Figueiredo vs Moreno - Dec 12 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Kape getting that Michael Chandler treatment...

I like it. Kape vs either Figueiredo or Moreno would be great. But I’m hoping this fight stays intact. Figgy vs Moreno is too good of a fight to lose. Plus, as fun as Kape fighting either of them would be, it wouldn’t be ideal as his debut - for him after a layoff and for the PPV as he’s not established in the US yet. I read that Kape is likely fighting in early 2021 now. Shitty start to his UFC stint with all the delays and the Bontorin and Pantoja fights falling to bits but hopefully next year he can get things rolling. 

• Paid Members

Two more fights are off this show due to Covid. Positive tests for Angela Hill and Karl Roberson, have meant that Roberson's fight has been pushed back, and Hill has been pulled from her fight with Tecia Torres. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/12/7/22158631/karl-roberson-vs-dalcha-lungiambula-off-ufc-256-due-to-positive-covid-19-test

It leaves it currently as an 11 fight card, but I think we'll all be surprised if that's the last of the problems this show will have before bell time. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, Roberson vs Lungiambula has been moved to the Dec 19th card along with the Jimmy Flick vs Cody Durden fight that got scratched from the card the other night. And Gillian Robertson is fighting Taila Santos now after both their fights fell apart. Again, that’s on Dec 19th now. That card stands at 15 fucking fights currently. 

The contrast between the Fight Island and Vegas cards is stark. And it's obvious to see where the UFC's priorities are at. 

On Fight Island the whole setup is similar to an NBA style bubble. In Vegas, the UFC obviously aren't willing to pay the same kind of money for said bubble so everything goes to shit COVID-wise.

I'm guessing it's easier to take the hit on losing fights and trying to throw in low-cost, lower-tier last minute replacements than it would be actually paying the cost of forming a proper bubble.

• Paid Members

You’ve single handedly got me into those videos @jimufctna24. Good stuff.

Just seen that the Sergey Spivak vs Jared Vanderaa fight is off. Not a huge loss to the card but it’s just another one down. I hate this shit now on fight week. My arse is going to be twitching right up until the show is underway tomorrow night. And even then we’re not out of the woods with the possibility of more cancellations during the actual show. As it stands this is still a heck of a card. One of my favourites of the year. But we’ve been conditioned to fear the worst this year. 

• Paid Members

Everyone’s made weight. Now they just have to make it through the next 24 hours 🤞 

Hopefully this narrative that Figueiredo is a weight misser gets put to bed now. He’s missed weight a whopping one time. That could’ve been down to injury or illness or anything. Yet Rogan was still banging on about it during Fig’s fight with Perez the other week. He’s looked great weighing in for the Benavidez rematch, the Perez fight and now this Moreno one.

Nice to see Mackenzie Dern made weight again as well. Whatever the issue was earlier in her career with the serial weight misses, she seems to have it sorted now. 

I've just finished watching all the embedded episodes from this week and I can now see why there are so many drop outs. Tony Ferguson going to a trampoline park, mass house gatherings, loads of people in the PI, it's no wonder that so many people get tested positive.

I like Mackenzie Dern a lot but her fake Brazilian accent does my suede in. 

I'm hoping for a Brandon Moreno win tomorrow, he came across pretty well in the episodes.

• Paid Members

I’m a big fan of Figueiredo and Moreno. I think I’d rather Figgy win just because I’m not ready for his reign to end so soon. But I won’t be upset if Moreno pulls it off. This is one of those fights that’s a no-lose situation for me whoever comes out on top. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy it. I’m with you on Moreno. Been saying it for ages. He’s impossible to dislike unless you’re a bit of a shite yourself. The weigh in staredown was class;

This is going to be some fight. 

1 hour ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I like Mackenzie Dern a lot but her fake Brazilian accent does my suede in. 

It really is ridiculous. Here’s some footage of her after a week in Liverpool...