Boxing - Crawford vs. Brook (14th November) 🥊

Egg Shen

Who Wins  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Felt for Brook, he started real well in a tactical few rounds, first time Crawford stepped on the gas though he closed the show. That first step in right hand was brutal. Lets hope we can get Crawford in with one of the other world champions now.

What confuses me about boxing people when they talk about Brook is how the consensus among many is that he's done. I have to ask, done based on what?

Look at his record. 27-3. Those losses? Crawford, Spence, and Golovkin. Not to mention, in each of those fights he never looked like a chump who shouldn't be there, he just looked like someone who's below that rarified level.

I mean, he could retire if he wants to I guess, but to think there's not some decent fights out there for Brook is wrong. Plenty of decent fighters go through their career and never reach the level where they're able to even face a Crawford, Spence or Golovkin.

There's the Khan fight, which I would give Brook a chance in. And I've always thought bouts with the likes of Eubank and even Saunders would be worth seeing.

• Paid Members

Brook's a bit small for Eubank and Saunders but id like to watch any of those fights.

I agree though, his 3 losses are against the absolute elite and he didn't embarrass himself in any, he was winning each of them before being caught and stopped by 3 of the best finishers in boxing. It's boxing though, and British boxing fans in particular like to stick the knife in and kick guys when they are down.

Brook will always dine out on the Shawn Porter win though. That win looks even better since it happened and remains one of the finest British victories abroad. 

Liam Smith is a fight i’d like to see at 154. Brook though at this stage of his career would struggle to get up smaller fights he has said. The reason i thought he looked a bit shot is because as soon as he got tagged he went. It looked like his punch resistance has left him.  Maybe he’d be different at 154. 

• Paid Members

Brook's always been durable, but that was a hard shot that started it off on Saturday night. Ive seen people say Brook was put over by a jab, but that was no ordinary jab. He walked straight onto it.

Edited by Egg Shen

Technically Crawford turned the hip too which puts similar power into the shot as the hook. 

Other than who he's mentioned Brook to face - I 100% agree with everything David has said. The Khan fight is still there for him. Liam Smith is a domestic tear up and there's a few more in that weight class that could have interest. Jeff Horn, Tim Tszyu - maybe even Chris Algieri as names. and then Michel Soro has an interim title who I'd back brook to beat

I agree with a lot being said here. Granted, he's not going to be in contention for a title against any real top drawer guys, but there's some fun fights there that could be good, including Khan, Saunders and Smith.

That some pundits are claiming he's finished after he's lost to who he's lost to is ridiculous. He still looks sharp and capable, he just isn't elite. And I don't think he ever really was.

• Paid Members

The trouble now with a Khan v Brook fight is that neither of them have the ego for it not to be on PPV, and it really isn't a PPV fight anymore. The other problem is that it will effectively end the losers career at world level without really boosting the winner. I would have loved to have seen it even 2 years ago, but now, who cares. 

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The trouble now with a Khan v Brook fight is that neither of them have the ego for it not to be on PPV, and it really isn't a PPV fight anymore.

Have you seen the absolute shit that gets slapped onto PPV nowadays? 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The other problem is that it will effectively end the losers career at world level without really boosting the winner. I would have loved to have seen it even 2 years ago, but now, who cares.

Neither of them are at world level now anyway really, and they're not at the stage where being boosted comes into it. What can they be boosted to? Another fight against a top tier guy who puts them on their arse inside 5 frames?

It's a decent domestic level tear-up with some bad blood and two guys who throw decent shots but have a tendency to get caught. What isn't to like about it? Depending on what's on that weekend I'd actually be happy enough to throw some cash down to watch it, especially if the build has been interesting and fun.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think it’s fair to say Brook is winding down but he’s not shot by any means. There’s still fights out there. Boxing media and fans can be way too harsh where that kind of talk is concerned. Fuck, I remember talk of Golovkin being old and on his last legs just because he went to a close decision with Jacobs. They can’t wait to declare a guy ‘done’ the second he loses or even wins in less than dominant fashion.

I’m not expecting the Khan fight to ever happen though. I hope it does and it’s kind of never made more sense than it does now in a weird way. There’s nothing else particularly obvious for either man next and they’re both kind of in that same spot in their careers. Why not just do it? Just a shame such a big domestic fight that’s been so long in the making might end up happening in front of a load of empty chairs. I’m not getting my hopes up though. Just seems destined to always be a ‘what if?’ that one.