Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

Uncle Zeb

As it the anniversary of her death

Her name was Mary Jo Kopechne, not the women who died at Chappaquiddick.

As stated this article she had barely started her life whereas Ted Kennedy was given another chance.

He was voted into office after this. Repeatedly.

Both he and his supporters courted sympathy for this incident with his acolytes continuing to do so long after his death.

Kennedy curse may apply to the tragic assassinations, cot death or illnesses.

It does not apply to this lying fuck or choosing to settle two federal sexual harrassment claims or choosing to kill yourself and two innocents by flying in conditions with no relevant qualifications or choosing to lobotomise your fucking kid or choosing to ski in a forrest whist chucking an American football after choosing to ignore multiple warnings or choosing to drink then drive or the conscious choosing of multiple self inflicted due to self entitlement situations.

Ted Kennedy himself quoted the myth of curse after his actions killed Mary No Kopechne whether his official account or otherwise.

Then again my education up to and including Modern Studies higher level the JFK was the greatest president opinion was spewed as fact for reasons you would be correct to assume. Even in Primary school this was aggressively pushed with no debate allowed with any alternative perspectives discouraged in Secondary education.

I am not the only person who experienced this as it seems to have been a common practice.

Rest In Peace Mary Jo Kopechne, or to placate the Kennedy proctologists, the one died at Chapoquiddick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

U wot m8?

Maybe I should not have posted the paragraph about education but I was trying to highlight how the Kennedy curse is a myth and is engineered to include this poor woman's death

9 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Maybe I should not have posted the paragraph about education but I was trying to highlight how the Kennedy curse is a myth and is engineered to include this poor woman's death

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

U wot m8?

Or just said at the start that’s what annoyed you. I agree with you, it’s a myth and they seemed to be a right horrible bunch. Not sure if Bobby is as bad, he seemed half decent. 

My ancestral home town is small and was once visited by Kennedy because his ancestors were from nearby. So every fucking thing is Kennedy this, Kennedy that!

Cheers for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
47 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

When the bus starts driving off before I've even sat down, throwing me off balance for a second. 

Additionally, old people that go upstairs on the bus and insist on doddering down the stairs when it's still in motion. A consistently terrifying sight.

• Paid Members

They should bring back downvotes for posts like this, BUT...as a creative type, it drives me mad when I see any sort of sign “wet paint” / “interview in progress” / “reserved” whatever, any of those, just knocked up quickly in word for spontaneous use signs...and they’re in Calibri, the default Microsoft word font.

I know.  There’s literally no need to change it in these instances, but you’ve been given an opportunity to create something and thought ‘nah, fuck that’.  Just flirt with Impact, Papyrus if you’re feeling particularly inspired, but no...

This ire intensifies tenfold when the person in question refers to themselves as having ‘designed’ the signage.

I too am a creative type and someone in work left a message on the whiteboard for an extra curricular meet up between colleagues in a couple of weeks. He signed it off with the message to see him “for deets”. Fucking deets! We’re meant to be the industry leaders in communication delivery and this cunt says “deets!” I did the only honourable thing and rubbed out the deets bit and replaced it with “See me for a real good time”.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I might have mentioned this before but people at work starting emails with "hey". 

I'm sure they mean it in a jovial way but I always read it in a slightly confrontational tone in my head, the sort of "hey" you'd here when you've nudged someone at the bar and split a bit of thier pint. It's especially true  when they don't even put "Hey Tommy's real name" but just "Hey" or "Hey!" as an opening. 

Is this a common thing?

• Moderators

I've debated that in my head a number of times as a natural 'hey' user in spoken conversation. Generally I err on the side of caution as a result when written.. I'll only use it with people I'm more familiar with. So I guess if any of them are like you they just assume I'm an aggressive cunt now.