UFC Vegas: Felder vs Dos Anjos - Nov 14 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Just read that Carlos Diego Ferreira has said he’s up for stepping in. His fight with Drew Dober just got cancelled so he’s probably on weight and fairly sharp. I’m down for that.

Apparently Chandler is getting a load of shit for not stepping in. MMA fans can be hilariously predictable. Why the fuck would he just recklessly jump in against RDA now? He’s on the cusp of a title shot or at least a #1 contenders fight. He’s in a great position right now. Especially with Khabib retiring. He couldn’t have timed signing with the UFC any better in that respect. To expect him to risk all that and fight a former champion like RDA on 5 days notice, just to save some bog standard Fight Night is crackers. 

Yeah Chandler would be crazy to take that fight, I think he fights Tony Ferguson next and I reckon the UFC have already ear marked that to him so there's no way he would risk that fight to step in with no prep against a dangerous RDA.

Off topic but I have been on a major Michael Chandler binge the past 3 weeks. I've listened to every interview and podcast he has done and I have decided I love the guy. I love his attitude and I have gone back and watched some of his old fights that I missed the first time round and he has a thrilling must watch style.

He doesn't come across arrogant at all and he genuinely is so happy to have signed with the UFC and is incredibly ambitious about his future but also equally respectful to the current roster. He's awesome.

• Paid Members

Balls the size of watermelons that fella has. In fairness, Felder's name was the only one I could come up with as I couldn't remember which LW's trained in the area/were likely to be there. I just thought Felder could have been, and he's tougher than day old steak. The man is just the kind of crazy to consider doing this. 

For all the reasons everyone was talking about, this is an extremely risky fight to take for most of the division. Certainly not one that anyone should have been getting shit for not taking. Paul Felder just happened to say "to fuck with common sense, where's the sauna at?"

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Jon Anik tweeted that Felder’s been training for a triathlon so maybe he’s close to the weight anyway.

I didn’t really expect Felder to step in though. I’d kind of ruled him out. Wasn’t he making noises about retiring after the Dan Hooker fight early this year? I thought he was pretty much content with his commentating/analyst gig. I guess if he’s within range of 155 though, it’s a payday without the stress and cost of a training camp. He’s got nothing to lose really.

Everyone will be talking about Felder being ballsy now and rightly so. But RDA has a set on him as well. He seemed up for anyone stepping in and now he’s accepted a fight with a guy with a completely different style to what he’d been training for in Makhachev. And also, it’s kind of a no win situation for him. If he wins he only beat a guy who was taking it on short notice. But if he loses to that guy taking it on short notice...disaster. Especially when he’s already coming off some losses. It’s more risky for him than it is for Felder. The guy stepping in always gets the credit but, although they’ve had more prep time, the guy accepting that last minute replacement is just as gutsy if not more. If Felder gets battered on Saturday he’s always got the ‘oh well, not bad for 5 days notice’ thing to fall back on and he’ll still get credit for saving the show. If RDA loses, he’ll get ripped for losing to a last minute fill-in. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC Vegas: Felder vs Dos Anjos - Nov 14 🇺🇸
  • Paid Members
13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

But RDA has a set on him as well. 

Big balls.

I know he's never in that discussion, but RDA is a sleeper BMF'er for me. He doesn't have that attitude but in terms of fight anyone/anywhere RDA is as game as anyone.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Off topic but I have been on a major Michael Chandler binge the past 3 weeks. I've listened to every interview and podcast he has done and I have decided I love the guy. I love his attitude and I have gone back and watched some of his old fights that I missed the first time round and he has a thrilling must watch style.

He doesn't come across arrogant at all and he genuinely is so happy to have signed with the UFC and is incredibly ambitious about his future but also equally respectful to the current roster. He's awesome.

The UFC clearly have more in mind for Chandler than just fighting. Ive seen him doing breakdown videos and stuff on youtube and the guy knows his shit, hes made for the analysts desk. 

From a personality standpoint hes almost too perfect. He's like the  prototype clean cut babyface, says the right things, exciting to watch, never in trouble, easy on the eye 😍, hes like perfect role model material. Its that combination that pisses some people off though and makes him a bit of a marmite character, not many flaws in Chandler.

I think Chandler's UFC career will go alot of Ben Askrens. He may do better in cage despite being post-prime but after his career his done his profile will have been massively boosted and he'll be a regular on camera personality in and around the sport.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I would go as far to say this main event just got 10 times bigger, 

I wouldn’t go that far myself. It’s an interesting twist and style-wise it might end up being more exciting than the Makhachev fight would’ve been. But I wouldn’t say it’s really much bigger now, by any method you use to measure a fight’s...bigness. It’s not like Felder’s some huge name and it’s not like Makhachev was some nobody or bum. If anything, Makhachev vs RDA held much more relevance to the division than Felder who’s openly said he’s thinking of retiring.

Regardless, it’s a great fight and much needed. This card has been taking some hits this week losing Bryan Barberena, the Molina vs Adashev fight and now Makhachev. Felder stepping in prevented it from going completely down the shitter. 

• Paid Members

Today’s edition of ‘which fight(s) will fall apart on fight day this time?’ 

Answer: Eryk Anders vs Antonio Arroyo.

Haven’t even bothered reading up on why? Guessing COVID for one of them. The Julian Marquez vs Saparbek Safarov fight got binned the other day as well so we‘re down to 10 fights total now.

At least it’s an early one again though. BT coverage starts at 10pm.