Halloween Boxing - Usyk/Chisora, Davis/Santa Cruz, Inoue/Moloney 🎃

Egg Shen

Usyk vs. Chisora  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Chisora goes off on Kugan Cassius (18 minutes onward)

Tyan Booth will have a field day over this 😄

You just get the impression Chisora can be an absolute nightmare to deal with if you piss him off or catch him in the wrong mood, especially during fight week 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

"ALL NIIIIGGGGGHTTT"

yeah, it was annoying. 

The fight was as advertised. Chisora marauding forward and Usyk landing shots before getting out of dodge. I had Delboy winning no more than 3 rounds but alot of people seem to have had it closer.

Jury's still out for Usyk at heavy. He proved hes got the chin though. In fairness, Chisora is probably one of the harder opponents he'll face in terms of size and style. He's just always gonna be up against with the weight difference.

• Paid Members

Chisora actually put up a better fight than I anticipated but I still only had him winning 3 rounds.

😂

Still not sure what to think about Usyk at Heavyweight really. He’ll obviously beat the majority of the division handily but I don’t know. At the highest levels there’s going to come a point where the size and power differential comes into play surely. Although saying that, I could definitely see him outboxing AJ and Wilder. And definitely Whyte, Povetkin etc. Fury’s the main one I’d see him struggling with but he might not be fighting by the time Usyk gets to that point anyway.

Oh and Gervonta Davis delivered one of the most devastating knockouts of the year last night. Poor Santa Cruz had to be hoovered up after this.

DF3625A4-0847-413A-A059-1215206A2C82.gif

50 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I gave Del Boy rounds 1,2,4 and 9. The rest I gave to Usyk. 

Inoue looked fantastic against Moloney btw. 

The Inoue fight was the only one I've seen, but yeah he looks something special. Watched his fight with Bonaire after as well. Cracking scrap.

One thing from last night's fight. Are all fights having the big screen with live tweets on? I noticed a couple of occasions where Moloney was facing the screen just as tweets were coming up saying that Inoue was toying with him and he was gonna get knocked out. I mean, they weren't wrong but it's a bit rough on the lad!

Its hard to determine, Usyk wasn't ever troubled or hurt so we don't know how his chin copes, yet we also witness the difference in strength at the weight. 

I think he can beat some like AJ, Wilder - yet people of Fury's size are a step too far. People forget he was beating people like Joe Joyce in the amateurs and no one ever mentions Joyce lack of size. 

5 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

Its hard to determine, Usyk wasn't ever troubled or hurt so we don't know how his chin copes, yet we also witness the difference in strength at the weight.

I don't think it's all that hard to determine, really. Usyk is a decent heavyweight who suffers from being a tad small. There's been plenty of fighters like that in the division, and many of them do reasonably well, but never really make it to the top. Especially in the modern era.

With the amount of times Chisora walked through his shots I have absolute confidence that Joshua would put him away. Wilder? He'd eventually catch him over the course of the ten or eleven rounds Usyk would need to go through to get the win.

Fury? Not even worth debating. The superior boxing skills that Usyk would have over the other two isn't applicable in a fight with Fury. He'd get smashed up.

If he'd come along at any other time over the past 10-15 years or so he could have made a decent dent and become a champion. All he'd have had to do is avoid both Klitschko brothers. 

But now? There's too many hurdles at the top. Unless he hangs around and waits on Fury retiring and Wilder fading away, he's not going to make much of an impact.

Fury is the one where there isn't a question mark. It is feasible he boxes the perfect fight against the other 2. 

He beat Chisora more convincingly than Whyte did in 2 fights, and following those Whyte was hailed as the 4th best heavyweight in the world as well as the uncrowned champ. Perspective changes with hindsight. 

Would I bet on Usyk against AJ or Wilder, unlikely. Would I rule him out - absolutely not. 

In full agreement with Fury though, a larger guy with almost equal boxing skills and the massive size advantage

1 hour ago, kamicazze said:

In full agreement with Fury though, a larger guy with almost equal boxing skills and the massive size advantage

I'd say Fury is a more skilled boxer. And he's a hell of a lot more savvy in how he implements them I think. His combinations and footwork are unrivalled in heavyweight boxing history I'd say. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's a bit of a goon outside the ring, and can look awkward inside it, but he's the prototype perfect heavyweight fighter. There's very little weakness in his arsenal.

Apart from him being partial to the odd pie or fifteen when he's not on top of his game.

• Paid Members

Dunno if i agree with that, but you combine Fury's skillset with his sheer size and i do think he'd too much for Usyk. I would love to see it.

Fury does get a lot of credit these days for this skillset though. Post-Wlad the opinion on him flipped completely. Before Wlad. he was widely seen as a bumbling oaf who once punched himself in the face, he was unfairly considered as a bit of a laughing stock. He gets none of that anymore.

Did anyone see Davis/Santa Cruz? one of the fights of the year, and easily the KO of the year for me. Santa Cruz was giving Davis all he could handle, then...