UFC Vegas: Santos vs Teixeira - Nov 7 🇺🇸

Who wins and how?   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Saturday 7th November. Back at the APEX in Sin City. Third time a charm for this main event?

2-C199166-4-CB5-4216-88-C7-A578087-A18-E

ESPN+ MAIN CARD
Thiago Santos vs Glover Teixeira 

Carlos Diego Ferreira vs Drew Dober

Arnold Allen vs Jeremy Stephens 

Claudia Gadelha vs Yan Xiaonan

Andrei Arlovski vs Tanner Boser

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS 
Ian Heinisch vs Brendan Allen 

Darren Elkins vs Luiz Eduardo Garagorri

Trevin Giles vs Bevon Lewis

Max Griffin vs Ramiz Brahimaj 

Jack Shore vs Khalid Taha

Marcos Rogerio De Lima vs Alexandr Romanov 

Sarah Moras vs Vanessa Melo

Felipe Colares vs Gustavo Lopez 

Really like this. Santos/Glover goes without saying. There’s obviously never any guarantees in MMA but if you could ever rely on a fight to deliver a pure bombfest, it’s that. I think the undercard is pretty sweet as well here though. Some really good stuff scattered throughout this card and not much fat on it compared to a lot of Fight Nights. 

269-CACC2-8045-459-D-BA92-73147-A98455-E

Thiago Santos vs Glover Teixeira tops the bill. Absolute banger this should be. It’s been scheduled a couple of times already, was meant to happen in August, then it was delayed until September. Now here we are in November with a third attempt. Hopefully this one actually comes off because you really can’t go wrong with this matchup. And to add to an already exciting fight, the stakes are high because this is surely a #1 contenders match now. With Blachowicz beating Reyes so decisively to become the champ, there’s obviously no call for a rematch there. Jones is probably off to Heavyweight. There’s other guys coming up like Rakic, Prochazka, Walker etc but they’re still building and gaining experience. Nobody in the 205 division will have a better argument for a crack at Jan The Man than the winner of this fight right here. For a start, Santos already has a KO victory over Jan, plus he ran Jones mega close in their fight. And Glover’s had a bit of a career surge of late. They’re both on probably the best runs of anyone currently in the division. All they need is that one big win to really cement their claim to a title shot. And this is that big win for either man. Got to say I’m split though. Despite being savages in the cage, by all accounts these are two of the nicest men in the sport outside of it. If you dislike either of these two then you’re the wrong ‘un. Glover’s even nice when he’s kicking your arse...

What a man. This should be a wild one however long it goes. Only thing giving me questions is Santos is coming off a long layoff and double knee surgery. All that momentum he’d built up with the Jones, Blachowicz, Manuwa fights has all pretty much evaporated now and he’s got to remind everyone who the fuck he is. Problem is, in his absence, Glover’s been putting in the work and staying active. And even at 41 years old, he’s still giving these young cats like Cutelaba and Roberson a lesson. If they’re both on though, this’ll be fireworks. I’ll be amazed if they go 5 rounds, they’re both just too powerful, dangerous and aggressive. But if it does go long, it might look like Hunt vs Bigfoot 1 shit. Kind of sad that one has to lose but either man against Blachowicz is a fight I’m all over.

A9722379-51-B2-43-D3-85-F5-4-B7-B4294-F7

Carlos Diego Ferreira vs Drew Dober. Quite like this fight. I’ve been a bit of a fan of Ferreira for a while. Always seems like a great guy and I think he’s been slightly underrated. He’s got some serious grappling credentials, 3rd degree BJJ black-belt. He’s also 17-2 in MMA and on a 6 fight win streak with victories over Anthony Pettis and Rustam Khabilov in there. His only losses are to Dustin Poirier and Beneil Dariush over 5 years ago. Only thing going against him is that he’s 35 years old now and he’s in a loaded Lightweight division. He’s one of those guys who’d probably be champ in most orgs but he’s been kind of lost in the shuffle in the UFC’s 155 shark pool. Dober is someone I’ve kind of slept on over the years but he’s been looking good of late. Stopped his last 3 opponents and slapped Alexander Hernandez about last time out. Don’t know if this is going to stay in the co-main spot but I don’t have a problem with it if it does.

4-A22-F3-E4-89-A3-4597-8636-B3-D8-EB5894

Arnold Allen vs Jeremy Stephens. Really like the sound of this. Allen is a guy who’s been flying under the radar for a bit now but he’s one of the better UK prospects about for me. He’s still only 26 years old, 16-1 record and has wins over Nik Lentz, Gilbert Melendez, Mads Burnell and Makwan Amirkhani in the UFC. I don’t know why nobody seems to talk about him, maybe because he doesn’t fight a ton and he doesn’t talk shit. But he looks legit to me. This is a real test for him as well. While Melendez was a big name, he was way past the prime by the time Allen beat him. Stephens is a dangerous opponent with a different style than we’ve really seen Allen face yet. It’s an important one for Stephens too. He’s gone 0-4-0-1 in his last 5. All against top tier guys but he needs a win badly now. Should be a fun one.

71-AAD324-DBB1-4-C09-BF2-E-2171-E0-B8485

Claudia Gadelha vs Yan Xiaonan is alright, I guess. Not all that into it but it’s an OK fight. It’s the Gadelha factor for me. She just hasn’t looked at the races for some time now. Definitely lost a step or two in recent years. We all remember when the consensus opinion was that she was the #2 Strawweight in the world behind Joanna Jedrzejczyk. And even then, there wasn’t much in it. She lost 2 razor thin decisions to prime Joanna. She was #2 by the narrowest of margins. It’s not like she’s looked terrible since then but she’s not the force she once was. Although maybe it’s just that there’s more depth at 115 now than there was back then. Even her last fight, she got the decision but I felt pretty strongly that Angela Hill beat her. Haven’t seen enough of Yan to form a strong opinion one way or another really. She’s on a nice little run though. 12-1-1 overall, hasn’t lost since 2010 and she’s beat Hill and Kowalkiewicz in her last couple of fights. Kind of interested to see how she tackles Gadelha’s style here but it’s not a fight that’s really grabbing me.

2-E044581-107-A-4-C7-E-977-A-FA3-EC78458

Andrei Arlovski vs Tanner Boser. This sounds like a fun Heavyweight battle actually. I know Arlovski is years and years past his best but he can still go a bit. It’s not like he’s completely shot, he’s just not going to beat anyone who’s up there in the rankings and on top of their game anymore. Legend though. What a warrior. UFC 28 was his first. 28. Boser was just 7 years old when Arlovski made his MMA debut in 1999, for fuck’s sake. When Arlovski was winning his first UFC title in 2005, Boser was 13 and probably just discovering the Television X 10 minute freeview. Arlovski is a true OG of the game. And he showed in his last fight with Philipe Lins, he can still teach these younger HWs a thing or two. You still have to be a bit special to beat the old ‘Pitbull’. Boser’s had a good 2020 though. He’s stopped Philipe Lins and Raphael Pessoa in his last couple of fights and looked pretty fucking handy doing it. The power of the mullet is real. Arlovski might be faded but it’s still a step up for Boser and a good win to have on his resume if he can get it.

934-A0-ABE-441-B-4573-97-D2-09478-CE0082

Ian Heinisch vs Brendan Allen. This could well be the sleeper on the whole card. Heinisch is a tough guy. 14-3 and coming off a quick TKO over UKFF favourite Gerald Meerschaert in June. He’s also got Octagon wins over Antonio Carlos Junior and Cezar Ferreira. It’s Allen I’m really intrigued by here though. He’s a BJJ black-belt with a 15-3 MMA record. He’s won his last 7 in a row, stopped Kevin Holland and Tom Breese in his first couple of UFC outings and then beat Kyle Daukaus in a cracking fight in June. That probably would’ve got FOTN but it was rightly overshadowed by the Poirier vs Hooker main event later the same night. Allen’s still only 24 as well. An interesting one. Allen seems to have a lot of potential and Heinisch is the type of guy who should be able to test him.

66-E77-F9-B-0-E22-4084-A7-FB-5-A01-CB8-D

Darren Elkins vs Luiz Eduardo Garagorri is another fight that could well steal this show. Elkins is a bit of a madman. Always got time for his fights. Ever since that nutty come from behind knockout he scored over Mirsad Bektic a few years ago, he’s must see TV for me. Ridiculously tough and relentless in going all out for the win himself. Even if it means his face hanging off and spilling blood by the bucket load, which seems to be a regular occurrence in his fights. He’s lost his last 4 in a row now though. Sad times. I’d like to see him turn things around here but Garagorri looks a bit of a handful. He’s from Uruguay, 13-1 with 10 finishes. He looked great in his UFC debut but got submitted by Ricardo Ramos last time out. That was his first loss though and I’ve got a feeling he’ll come back better. Got a good feeling about this one.

7-C6-D9-D87-BA46-41-FD-B94-B-446-D86-E09

Trevin Giles vs Bevon Lewis is kind of just there. Could be decent but I haven’t been blown away by either so far. Giles came into the UFC with a lot of potential. He was 9-0 and coming off a win over Ryan Spann in LFA. He then scored back-to-back knockouts in his first 2 UFC fights and things were looking good. His unbeaten streak hit a brick wall last year though when he got subbed by Zak Cummings and Gerald Meerschaert. He’s bounced back this year with a close decision over James Krause so maybe he can rebuild himself now. He’s still only 28. Maybe there’s better to come. Lewis is 7-2, won his last fight but lost to Uriah Hall and Darren Stewart before that. I’d favour Giles to win this. His weakness seems to be those grinding grappler types and that’s not what Lewis is about from what I’ve seen.

F5-E853-B6-6-F79-4-D50-A9-DA-D5291-ECF7-

Max Griffin vs Ramiz Brahimaj. Again, only familiar with 50% of this. Griffin is alright. I remember really enjoying his fight with Thiago Alves a while back. He’s in a real rough patch at the moment though. Lost 4 out of his last 5. Brahimaj is making his UFC debut here. From Kosovo originally but fights out of New York. 8-2 record with all his wins coming by submission. Looks a bit of a beast on the ground from the highlights I’ve watched.

B2946-E32-975-C-4773-A598-7997-CC03-B12-

Jack Shore vs Khalid Taha. This is all about Shore for me. I’ve seen Taha before, nothing remarkable. 13-2-0-1 and had a disastrous last fight. First he missed weight, then he won the fight by submission, then got popped by USADA post-fight and it got overturned to a No Contest. Balls to him and his chewing a wasp face. Shore is the pull here. He’s Welsh, 25 years old, 13-0 with 12 finishes, former Cage Warriors champ. He’s looked the business in the UFC so far as well, racking up submissions over Aaron Phillips and Nohelin Hernandez in impressive performances. Sky really seems to be the limit.

6-CC4-F744-B467-4293-8-C42-10-D372-D5-D6

Marcos Rogerio De Lima vs Alexandr Romanov. This should be well worth a look. It’s this cards ***WAND’S ONE TO WATCH*** and it’s got fuck all to do with De Lima. Never rated him, to be honest. He’s a big old lump but he’s been around years and absolutely nothing stands out about him. He’s 17-6-1 now, put Ben Sosoli away in a round in his last fight but I still barely recall it. It’s Romanov you want to tune in for. Who doesn’t love a big fat sod suplexing and submitting bastards left and right?

CC71F992-E141-4EB4-B7C1-DC942DFA2E89.gif

He’s 12-0, 12 finishes. Hasn’t beat anyone of note yet and the guy he beat in his UFC debut in September was cack. But I like him already. Hopefully it’s another belly to belly or German suplex into some sort of choke again and he can send this chump packing. Long term I’m really hoping this leads to Romanov vs Alexey Oleynik sometime next year. That needs to happen before Oleynik retires.

0-C73-D1-FE-8-B5-F-43-CE-9-E96-0-E21-AD4

Sarah Moras vs Vanessa Melo. Nothing to see here. Moras is 6-6 and has lost 4 of her last 5. Melo is 10-8 and coming off 3 losses on the bounce. This has got to be a loser leaves town situation surely. It sounds harsh but these two are going absolutely nowhere.

9-A334-B2-F-DB09-45-BE-BAB8-FF7-F3851553

Felipe Colares vs Gustavo Lopez. Not familiar enough with these two for anything too in depth. Colares is 9-2 with 7 finishes and trains with Team Nogueira. He lost a decision to Montel Jackson in his last fight in January. I do remember seeing that one and Colares took a right beating. He survived in fairness, tough little bastard, but Christ he got battered. Lopez is 11-5 and trains at Xtreme Couture apparently. They’re still going? He lost his UFC debut against Merab Dvalishvili in June. 

That’s that. 

Edited by wandshogun09