Bellator 249 - Cyborg vs. Blencowe (15th October 2020)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

this one completely snuck up on, part of Bellators new schedule of going on Thursday nights though. So this will be a nice brisk watch on a Friday evening to me.

B249_main_event_new_1920x1080.jpg?qualit

Main Card:

Cris Cyborg vs. Arlene Blencowe (Womens Featherweight Title Fight)

Patricky Pitbull vs. Jaleel Willis

Ricky Bandejas vs. Leandro Higo

Saad Awad vs. Mandel Nallo

I'll add the prelims later if i find one of those nice little card graphics. Nothing stood out but on closer inspection theres a few decent prospects there too.

One shitter, this fight lost Joe Schilling/Curtis Millender 2 days ago, that would have been the fight to look out for.

I know nothing of Arlene Blencowe, her only losses in Bellator are against Julia Budd (twice) and Marloes Coenen. Shes on a a 3 fight streak though.

Patricky Pitbull returns after a few fights in Rizin. His opponent Jaleel Willis is making his Bellator debut, he's a former LFA Lightweight Champ so that could be a bit of a scrap.

I like Thursdays.

• Paid Members

here's the full fight card with the prelims:

IMG_20201015_183840.thumb.jpg.3b52f766131ba3f3f7e896c07187edbd.jpg

couple of things standout on the prelims:

Aviv Gozali seems a prospect, 4-0 with 4 subs, hes the guy who scored the viral 11 second heel hook a while back.

Mike Kimbel is the guy who had a run in with James Gallagher a while back, hes a mouthy fucker but hes only 2-2 in MMA.

Kyle Crutchmer is an AKA prospect 6-0 as a pro. Two time All-American wrestler and looks abit of a beast.

Steve Mowry is a 7-0 heavyweight and 6 foot 9 so hes tall as fuck and has finished everyone hes fought. Sean Teed is the CCFC heavyweight Champ. Could be good.

Christian Edwards is a Bellator homegrown guy, 3-0 and all fights in Bellator, just 21 years old and is mates with Jon Jones. Did this to a bloke:

dig deep and you find some gems.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I saw Aviv Gozali when I was looking through Bellator's WW division, and I saw his dad right there on the roster next to him. Didn't know Haim Gozali only retired last year, winning his last match on a card on which Aviv appeared with him. Is that the first time a father and son have fought on the same card?

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

That highlight package that Egg Shen linked in his opening post really highlights what a soundboard Mike Goldberg is.

i hate to harp on about it but its fucking dreadful. It almost makes me watch on mute.

Last night he cracked out the same out of date references and shouted "IT IS ALL OVER, JUST LIKE THAT" after every finish. It sounds even stupider with no audience.

He was caught reading a tweet when Higo finished Bandejas and still shouted about 3-4 seconds after the tap.

...even worse, during the heavyweight fight he shouted it after a knockdown and the ref. hadnt even waved it off, everyone looked a tad confused. He is the drizzling shits, he's ruining Bellator.

Who else talks about Sean Sherk and Shane fucking Roller during live fights in 2020?

• Paid Members

Bellator has always had great announce teams too, why they've dropped what they had to bring in Goldie, Josh Thomson and Big John is beyond. Thomson i can tolerate. Goldies a parody and Big John talks like hes a multiple time World Champion.