Top Rank Boxing: Lomachenko vs. Lopez 🥊 (17th Oct)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thought id start a thread for this, see if we can generate a bit of interest here.

Make no mistake, this is the best fight of the year so far in Boxing. It's one nobody thought would be possible given the circumstances, but Bob Arum has pulled it off and its happening this Saturday.

IMG_20200915_114105.thumb.jpg.1f2503f7dd265267415b86a1f29e0d41.jpg

Unified Lightweight Championship bout, all 4 major belts on the line, winner takes all.

IMG_20201014_132235.thumb.jpg.8bde0441872dc5db6de612ae6b6886a5.jpg

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez (Unified Lightweight Title Fight)

Alex Saucedo vs. Arnold Barboza Jr.

Edgar Berlanga vs. Luke Bellows

unnamed.thumb.png.d6a231da1c2e8c261383d4bff592aa7c.png

Thats how the show pans out. Card was also to feature MMA crossover, underdog extraordonaire, Clay Collard. That's off though as Collard got a positive Covid test which is a bummer. 

Highlight of that undercard is Edgar Berlanga. He's a super middleweight at 14-0 with 14 first round KO's, dont blink. His opponent is 20-5 and has never been stopped.

The main event is as legit a fight you can make in boxing in 2020. The undoubted top 2 lightweights fighting for all 4 belts. Lomachenko is the betting favorite but any Lopez backers will tell you that Loma is biting off a bit more than he can chew here at lightweight as hes fighting above his optimum fighting weight. Lopez is the natural lightweight, hes a huge puncher at the weight and hes the much fresher man. Rumblings that Loma has one foot out of the door too, still i cant see that man half arsing anything.

Only shit news for us UK fans, no network has picked it up which is a bit shit and you'll have to pay £9.99 on Fite TV to watch it.

Top Rank have put together some build up pieces to get you in the mood too, im going all in on this, ill post some more stuff in the week:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Nice one Ebb.

It’s criminal that Sky or BT haven’t picked this up. Like you say, it’s probably the best fight of the year so far. What’s the point of a channel like Box Nation if they don’t snap up a fight like this? 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Top Rank Boxing: Lomachenko vs. Lopez 🥊 (17th Oct)
  • Paid Members

Yeah I had it the same. Thought the official scores were a bit much and that 119-109 card was way too wide. Great fight though. Bit gutted Loma lost but Lopez definitely earned the decision for me.

That Berlenga who Ebb was on about looked ace as well. Definitely be keeping an eye on him in the future. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

116-112 Lopez for me, he was awesome.

Felt like Loma spent the first 7 rounds hoping to figure Lopez out, couldnt do it and then just went for it from from 8. Probably caught Lopez off guard cause he was crusing until that point. I gave Loma rounds 8-11 but then Lopez won the last round big. Hell of a performance.

Loma simply spent too long 'downloading infomation', i fucking hate that bullshit they start with during every Loma fight.

IMG_20201018_154611.thumb.jpg.08be453563cd9399b4e8303658de52e1.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen