Bellator Paris 🇫🇷🗼- October 10th 2020.

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The problem is though, he’s only fun to watch when he’s fighting nobodies. As soon as he steps up he either loses or it’s a snoozer. So they’re stuck in this spot with him now because they know what happens when he goes up a level but they can’t just keep feeding him bums forever to let him look spectacular. Even the rebuilding from the Lima loss, fuck me, how long does he need? Nobody else gets 3 or 4 tune ups after a bad loss these days. I just think we’ve seen all there is to see out of MVP now. This is what he’s got. I’m not a fan but I do actually hope he proves me wrong because he’s a showman and he’s entertaining as a personality. And when he does look good, it’s usually the type of performance that goes viral. But when he looks bad, Christ it’s bad.

To think of the shit Adesanya got for that crappy fight with Yoel. Yet that really was an exception and a one off where Adesanya is concerned. He’s usually amazing to watch. Plus that was against a high level opponent who’s also a walking Rubik’s Cube stylistically. MVP’s had a few of these now and they’ve been against a much lower level of opponent than Yoel Romero. All these years and his best win is still Paul Daley in a 5 round stinker. And I’m not even sure he won that one. I just don’t buy him as a top level guy. 

• Paid Members

Agreed. Looking at the Bellator WW division, it seems to me the most interesting thing they could do with him is either feed him to one of the guys I mentioned, or stick him in a fight with Larkin, or (if you really want to troll the fans) put him on a run of matches against those four Gracies they've got, give him a pro-wrestling storyline.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

or (if you really want to troll the fans) put him on a run of matches against those four Gracies they've got, give him a pro-wrestling storyline

He’ll never do it like Sakuraba did it.

I like the Larkin fight. Larkin is a wicked striker so that could be a lot of fun. It’d be a step up for MVP without just feeding him to a grappler. If he battered a guy like Larkin even I’d have to eat some humble pie.

Who else is about now at 170 in Bellator? I’ve lost track recently. Obviously Lima is the daddy. Rory’s gone isn’t he? Fitch has retired. Daley’s probably winding down. Larkin and Nieman Gracie are the two standouts off the top of my head. Who else is coming up at Welterweight? 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wouldn’t everyone have had to deal with the slippy mat though? I just can’t be arsed with MVP. He’s not without talent, it’s not like he’s a bad fighter. 

well course they did, but MVP dealt with it accordingly. He adapted his style and fought a much more conventional fight. I suppose when you make noise like he does you open yourself to be shit on, but under difficult circumstance he adapted and still won quite clearly against one of Europes top prospects. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

He’ll never do it like Sakuraba did it.

I like the Larkin fight. Larkin is a wicked striker so that could be a lot of fun. It’d be a step up for MVP without just feeding him to a grappler. If he battered a guy like Larkin even I’d have to eat some humble pie.

Who else is about now at 170 in Bellator? I’ve lost track recently. Obviously Lima is the daddy. Rory’s gone isn’t he? Daley’s probably winding down. Who’s coming up at Welterweight? 

These are the ones that stood out to me (partly record, partly from seeing some of them fight a bit, partly from hype):

Yaroslav Amosov (24-0)

Mukhamed Berkhamov (14-1)

Also, they wouldn't allow it, but that tit Dillon Danis is at 2-0. A match with MVP would either knock him down some notches as we hope, or prove he's not just running his mouth. But his record isn't comparable enough.

Not an up-and-comer, but I think a match with Koreshkov would be logical for MVP. Former champ, pretty good record, still dangerous.

I don't know much about him, but Neiman Gracie is 10-1.

Edited by Carbomb

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

These are the ones that stood out to me (partly record, partly from seeing some of them fight a bit, partly from hype):

Yaroslav Amosov (24-0)

Mukhamed Berkhamov (14-1)

Logan Storley and Kyle Crutchmer are both solid prospects. Jason Jackson is decent as well. 

WW is one of Bellator's better divisions. 

• Paid Members

id go for an MVP/Danis fight as weird as it would likely end up.

If Lima wins the 185lb belt i could see them putting MVP in for a crack at that. It doesnt make much sense but thats a fight that would get attention, and its a very Bellator thing to do.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Logan Storley and Kyle Crutchmer are both solid prospects. Jason Jackson is decent as well. 

WW is one of Bellator's better divisions. 

its more reason why Bellator needs a ranking system, who knows where anyone stands.

I think it just goes to show how unprepared and how far behind the UFC they truly are in letting their canvas be so damn slippy to the point a fighter's full plan A and plan B game plan for a fight goes completely out the window. 

I understand there can be certain circumstances that lead to a canvas being slightly difficult in some places but the ENTIRE thing being so bad you can't throw any kicks without loosing balance and leaving yourself vulnerable