Bellator Paris 🇫🇷🗼- October 10th 2020.

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

no worries boys, i post a lot of random reminders here that most people probably dont pay attention too but its my way of staying on top of things, it weirdly gets me more excited for the upcoming fights too so i'll keep doing it😄

12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

no worries boys, i post a lot of random reminders here that most people probably dont pay attention too but its my way of staying on top of things, it weirdly gets me more excited for the upcoming fights too so i'll keep doing it😄

You're my EPG for boxing and non UFC MMA!

okay so a couple of things for these cards.....
1. the mvp vs houston fight AND the kongo vs johnson main events were top level stages of boring/dull 
2. channel 5 have to be majorly pissed that for there broadcast they only got 2 fights where BBC creeps in there and get 4 

all in all another really meh outing for bellator imo

As a reply to myself but also interesting info for anyone that actually gives a slight shit about bellator right now. The reason there were only 2 fights on the channel 5 show was because all the other fights fell apart due to a fighter testing positive for covid........WHICH IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS they didn't mention a single thing about it 

20 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

As a reply to myself but also interesting info for anyone that actually gives a slight shit about bellator right now. The reason there were only 2 fights on the channel 5 show was because all the other fights fell apart due to a fighter testing positive for covid........WHICH IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS they didn't mention a single thing about it 

Eh? I am pretty sure you are mistaken. 

From what I read, there was a boxing card scheduled for the afternoon before Bellator's MMA bouts begun. However, most of the boxing bouts were cancelled because Bellator officials allegedly claimed that one of the boxers had tested positive for COVID. It has been speculated that there was actually no positive test, and instead the bouts were cancelled because Bellator were angry with the French commission. Bellator were apparently not best pleased that the commission had allowed another MMA show to run the night before, and in turn, denied them of their right to claim that their MMA event was the first to be held in France. 

The Channel 5 card was meant to only feature two live bouts and highlights of MVP's bout. 

Edited by jimufctna24

51 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Eh? I am pretty sure you are mistaken. 

From what I read, there was a boxing card scheduled for the afternoon before Bellator's MMA bouts begun. However, most of the boxing bouts were cancelled because Bellator officials allegedly claimed that one of the boxers had tested positive for COVID. It has been speculated that there was actually no positive test, and instead the bouts were cancelled because Bellator were angry with the French commission. Bellator were apparently not best pleased that the commission had allowed another MMA show to run the night before, and in turn, denied them of their right to claim that their MMA event was the first to be held in France. 

The Channel 5 card was meant to only feature two live bouts and highlights of MVP's bout. 

I stand corrected you are right, I've just re-read the post/article and yeah it was the boxing card that got fucked my mistake.

Yeah what you said there is 100% correct. Bellator management are next level pissed that the commission allowed the ufc to swoop in with there show on fight pass on friday night which took the claim away from them. I mean it is abit sly however they almost certainly want to have strong/happy relationships with the UFC with the sort of popularity and attention they bring to the table whenever they hit anywhere in the world. 

• Paid Members

I did find it strange that a show was put on the night before on UFC Fight Pass. I dont even know if it was advertised beforehand but it was being advertised by the UFC on Twitter friday. Proper pro wrestling move.

The show was alright, there were some highlights outside of the main events, notably the Yves Landu KO of Terry Brazier. That guy stole the show.

Ignore Goldberg's soundboard calls and you had a hell of a KO.

During MVP/Houston. I was thinking 'MVP has shit the bed again', he's great knocking over jobbers but hes always looks average when stepped up. That said, I will give him a pass based off him saying his feet were slipping on the mat. On the replays you could see his feet slipping all over the gaff, it was like he was stood on ice. I actually commend him on adapting and finding his way through it.

• Paid Members

Wouldn’t everyone have had to deal with the slippy mat though? I just can’t be arsed with MVP. He’s not without talent, it’s not like he’s a bad fighter. But he’s always been a bit of a smoke and mirrors job for me. Nothing even against Houston but if MVP’s what people hype him up to be he shouldn’t be having these nothing happening stinkers every few fights. This tweet over the weekend sums him up...

B29BE7D5-CC26-4731-85CB-250752842EA8.jpeg

• Paid Members

I'm far from a MVP cheerleader - I also think he's a bit smoke-and-mirrors - but to be fair to him, every fighter has the odd stinker now and then, even the exciting ones. That Adam Martin guy has a point: he needs to be stepping it up. His rebuilding from the Lima loss is now four fights in, so I think it's time he was chucked in with a current big name, like Koreshkov, MacDonald (assuming he hasn't retired yet), or Amosov. If they want him to be a banner name for Bellator, then they've got to actually make him one, not just encourage loads of discussion about it.

I'd love it if he went on to prove all the doubters wrong, including myself. He's usually fun to watch, plus I big up London, bruv.