Bellator Paris 🇫🇷🗼- October 10th 2020.

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The first legalised MMA show in France takes place on Saturday. In an ideal world this would take place of a rabid audience but the World fucked that. I did hear there were plans to have some kind of an auidence in but that may have changed.

Bellator-Paris.jpg

Bellator have decided to complicate matter and label this both Bellator 248 and as the Euro Series and its making it all very complicated:

IMG_20201006_102217.thumb.jpg.0de05aa7fa607b612bc28d878d3eafb3.jpg

From what i can gather Kongo/Johnson will headliner the Euro portion and will air live on Channel 5. The 248 portion will be headlined by MVP/Houston and i will be shown in the UK via tape delay on Sky which seems absurd. Things may change so i'll update it.

Kongo/Johnson is likely gonna be rotten, but Kongo is deserving of that slot in France. Johnson's on abit of roll too so who knows?

MVP/Houston is an excellent fight though. Saw some backlash to Houston being the opponent but he's an 8-0 former Cage Warriors Champion. Cracking domestic fight.

36 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

From what i can gather Kongo/Johnson will headliner the Euro portion and will air live on Channel 5. The 248 portion will be headlined by MVP/Houston and i will be shown in the UK via tape delay on Sky which seems absurd. Things may change so i'll update it.

I fucking hate it when they do that. 

Thanks for the info though. 

• Paid Members

Fight Pass snuck in some rinky dinky little MMA from France this evening advertising it as the first ever French MMA show, just to stick two fingers up to Bellator...dont really care about that, but what i do care about is there are fans in attendance! i wasnt sure if Bellators initial plans to have a crowd has changed but looks like it hasnt. 

MMA with fans! roll on Saturday!!!

• Paid Members

just to add a wee bit more confusion, going from this post it looks like the 4 fight Bellator 248 card starts at half 4. Then the prelims to the Euro show start at 6.45. So going off that, expect MVP in the cage around 5.45/6pm im guessing. 

Bellator never make it simple.

• Paid Members

Why do Bellator do this? I remember one of the UK cards over here, last year I think, and they had the card split over about 27 different platforms (exaggerating, obviously, but it must’ve been 3 or 4) and to top it off Fabian Edwards’ fight wasn’t even televised over here despite being an unbeaten UK prospect. Think his fight was on the poxy app or something. Shouldn’t complain really as we were all watching back when stuff like WEC, Pride etc wasn’t even shown over here and even Strikeforce coverage was hit and miss on Bravo. At least we get Bellator. But fuck me they make it hard to follow sometimes.