The Bret Hart scoring system

IronSheik

My favourite of his shithousing is on Flair. Throughout the book he makes it clear he essentially doesn't think Flair can work at all, and takes the guise more of a geriatric comedy performer. The most he'll concede on him is Flair was "one of the fittest competitors I've ever faced." 

In fairness Flair got to him first with his book in 2004. Also for calling him out on having a few basic spots he'd need to go through the motions of each night. 

These guys. 

• Paid Members

I also enjoyed that he couched his criticism of Rollins under the guise of being a fan and wanting to help him, which is exactly what I'd do if I was going to really coat down someone I thought was a prick in a very snide way. 

• Paid Members

I find him almost unbearable.  I hate Rollins and even then I found his put down irritating when it should if been funny.

Bret seems to think he is the custodian of what is correct and proper. The fact he had the cheek to criticise Flair when he was probably and equal worker and unequivocally a worse promo with a worse look takes some gall.

15 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I find him almost unbearable.  I hate Rollins and even then I found his put down irritating when it should if been funny.

Bret seems to think he is the custodian of what is correct and proper. The fact he had the cheek to criticise Flair when he was probably and equal worker and unequivocally a worse promo with a worse look takes some gall.

Bret looked a billion times better than flair. Cept that hair obv

I like how Bret used a scoring system when he said that Tiger Woods was with "3 out of 10 Florida skanks" when he got busted by the cops.

He must have rated the Florida scanks as 1 for promo, 1 for promos and 1 for looks. 

It's always a numbers game for Bret, he thinks bodybuilders are "zeros in life" which I find hilarious.

Edited by IronSheik

People who say Owen was better rarely have reasons to back it up. Owen had plenty opportunities to cement his place at the top of the card but always ended up Back in the IC and tag hunt, while Bret continued on top. Nothing wrong with what he did, but he wasn’t a main Event talent to the level Bret was 

I agree with Louch, Bret was on another level to Owen. There is a lot of revisionist history surrounding Owen after his death and people seem to love and admire him so much that it transcends across to his wrestling as well. 

Realistically Owen had been in the WWE long enough to have already cemented himself as a top tier talent but never really managed it. He was exciting in the ring and played his character to perfection but you have to feel that Bret was very influential in even allowing that character to develop.

From all accounts, including Bret himself Owen was never in love with wrestling and just wanted to provide for his family and here is where the big difference between them lies, Bret lived and breathed wrestling to the point he seemingly doesn't know where the hitman starts and Bret ends. Owen seemingly would have walked away for the right job and money.

Don't get me wrong I love watching Owen as much as anyone but to claim he is better than Bret is probably generous, he may be the better wrestler in terms of pure talent but Bret knew who he was and how to use his talent to push him into that upper tier. 

Right i'm off to watch a few Bret vs Owen matches now.