The Bret Hart scoring system

IronSheik

Jake Roberts: look 7, promo 10, work 7 (24)

Big Poppa Pump: look 10, promo 5, work 7 (22)

Ricky Steamboat: look 8, promo 6, work 8 (22)

RVD: look 8, promo 5, work 8 (21)

CM Punk: look 6, promo 8, work 7 (21)

Ted DiBiase: look 7, promo 7, work 7 (21)

Big Boss Man: look 7, promo 6, work 7 (20)

X-Pac: look 7, promo 5, work 8 (20)

Al Snow: look 6, promo 6, work 7 (19)

Road Doag: look 6, promo 7, work 5 (18)

Bob Holly: look 6, promo 5, work 6 (17)

Billy Gunn: look 7, promo 4, work 5 (16)

Jon Moxley: look 5, promo 6, work 4 (15)

Test: look 7, promo 4, work 4 (15)

Fit Findlay: look 4, promo 4 work 6 (14)

Prince Albert: look 6, promo 4, work 4 (14)

IRS: look 5, promo 5, work 4 (14)

Greg Valentine: look 4, promo 4, work 4 (12)

Mabel: look 6, promo 3, work 3 (12)

As a singles guy 5 is about right, he wasn't terribly bad but something never clicked even when against super workers. Excellent tag worker tho, even the Smoking Gunns were good and are far overlooked.

I've been thinking about Sting and I'd give him less than I originally thought..

Looks 9 (when he's tanned) promo 5 and work 6.

18 minutes ago, AndiRush said:

Mate, he got bummed in prison and sold it like a pro, surely deserves an extra point on the promo and work scale for that alone?

Even as a 9 year old Watching that I knew the man was going to do something to him. 10/10 worker as I had no idea what, but he showed the right sell for it 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, IronSheik said:

He gave himself 8 look, 7 promos & 10 work = 25/30

He gave Hogan 9 look, 9 promos, 1 work = 19/30

Considering he's been around wrestling for most of his life, you'd think he'd get it. But apparently Bret's still believing his own hype.

Hogan was obviously limited in what he did in the ring, even in Japan where he showed he was capable of a bit more than normal. But being limited in certain aspects isn't a negative in itself, just someone that good bookers are capable of working around by hiding weaknesses and showing off strengths. There can be little doubt that the way Hogan was booked was a perfect example of the latter. His matches definitely weren't Flair/Steamboat or Funk Jr./Brisco, but they were never supposed to be, as people didn't buy tickets to see Hogan work over an arm for ten minutes. Hogan's job was to sell his ass off, wag the finger, do the big comeback, drop the leg and do his post-match posing. There should be little doubt he was incredibly successful at doing that.

• Paid Members

You don't judge the work of The Mountie like you're fucking Meltzer. He wasn't there to have bangers, he was there to be an annoying tit, get faces over and get crowds to hate him and he aced all three. Plus, the Rougeaus were a cracking team.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

You don't judge the work of The Mountie like you're fucking Meltzer. He wasn't there to have bangers, he was there to be an annoying tit, get faces over and get crowds to hate him and he aced all three. Plus, the Rougeaus were a cracking team.

That's where Bret's system falls on its arse, because his system only values things he believes he was good at. He doesn't take into account people's presence or ability to get over through unsaid things, which I would call working, hence my scoring for Hogan's workrate, but in Bret's mind, I think 'work' means pure wrestling ability

I'd love to visit a parallel universe where Bret never left the WWF in 1997 and see what his views are on; The Rock's people's elbow, Val Venis, Rikishi/Too Cool and stuff like that which got over like hell, yet I'd imagine Bret making some snide comments about them if his position on the card suffered because the punters wanted the stinkface over his sharpshooter in 1999.