IronSheik

Bret's scoring system comprises of 3 categories and a score out of 30:

Look out of 10

Promos out of 10

Work ability out of 10

He gave himself 8 look, 7 promos & 10 work = 25/30

He gave Hogan 9 look, 9 promos, 1 work = 19/30

He gave Dynamite Kid 7 look, 0 promos & 9 work = 16/30

Using his system how would you score wrestlers of the past 50 years? How does a top guy today compare to a top guy from yesteryear? And do you agree with his assessments above?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I score HBK a 26, just because Bret is a moaning old fucker and HBK will always be better than him. It’s like D.C. and Jones. 

Don't worry, we can add a negative score for impact on current wrestling and reduce HBK to 16.

Bret's harsh on himself. His promos are probably 6/10 rather than 7 but his look is 200/10. 😍

Post sponsored by Scott Steiner.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Don't worry, we can add a negative score for impact on current wrestling and reduce HBK to 16.

Bret's harsh on himself. His promos are probably 6/10 rather than 7 but his look is 200/10. 😍

Post sponsored by Scott Steiner.

He started the Attitude era so plus 10 surely? Taking his score up to 36.

The three with my scores based on the timeframe and comparisons to others of the era.

1988-1992

Bret Hart: 18/30 (Look: 6/10 - Promo: 5/10 - Wrestling: 7/10)

Shawn Michaels: 20/30 (Look: 7/10 - Promo: 6/10 - Wrestling: 7/10)

Hulk Hogan: 28/30 (Look: 10/10 - Promo: 10/10 - Wrestling: 8/10)

1992-1997

Bret Hart: 24/30 (Look: 8/10 - Promo: 7/10 - Wrestling: 9/10)

Shawn Michaels: 25/30 (Look: 7/10 - Promo: 9/10 - Wrestling 9/10)

Hulk Hogan: 23/30 (Look: 9/10 - Promo: 8/10 - Wrestling: 6/10)

Thread needs to be inclusive so let's go for, say, Layla of Laycool fame

Work 2/10

Promos 9/10 (just for the backstage bit where she told Michelle McCool she was keeping her shoes) 

Look 10000/10

Beat that, Hitman

If Bret looked like hogan he could have worked like hogan. Where I find this scoring falls down. Smaller guys work harder as have to use speed and technique. If you can slam, book and drop a leg as you are big, why would you fuck about softening a leg etc. Hogan is a super worker when it comes to effort to result. And still ended up with his body in bits. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

If Bret looked like hogan he could have worked like hogan. Where I find this scoring falls down. Smaller guys work harder as have to use speed and technique. If you can slam, book and drop a leg as you are big, why would you fuck about softening a leg etc. Hogan is a super worker when it comes to effort to result. And still ended up with his body in bits. 

There's no real system that would work because at the end of the day only two things matter, what draws money and what you personally like. You can't make points for that, which is why wrestling is so eminently debatable.

If you are using the system, then as you say, it's still all relative because what working means varies completely. Bret is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned. He's utterly brilliant. But as much as I've always hated the orange goblin, you can't deny that he's also brilliant at the way he works the people. He has flaws if you want to view wrestling as an athletic contest but he still score highly.

System doesn't really work for Undertaker, unless you only focus on certain eras. He's been wildly different in the three categories over the decades, well maybe not in promos.

First 3 names that came to mind to try this:

Charlotte Flair
Look - 9
Promos - 5
Work - 8

Mark Henry
Look - 7
Promos - 10 (I only remember one but it was perfect, you know the one!)
Work - 6

Mr.Perfect
Look - 9
Promos - 7
Work - 10