UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje - Oct 24 🇦🇪 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

As for fights, i gotta imagine Conor/Poirier gets the title fight.

It's a double-edged sword that one. On one hand it would be great to see Poirier not only beat Conor but win a UFC title, as he's a real stand-up guy.

But it means we could end up with Conor getting his hands on another belt that he doesn't really deserve. He'll have fought twice in the division in the past five years by the time his fight with Dustin comes around, and he's 1-1. 

But Conor has his own rules, we all know that. 

The only saving grace may be that White is wary of putting a title on a guy who's liable to fuck off at any given moment and send the division into flux.

• Paid Members

It probably will be. McGregor is doing mega business whether its for the title or not, but you gotta think they'll wanna add that as a cherry on the top. 

Thing is, if not that fight, what one do you have challenge for it? Poirier is the only top guy one coming off a a win at 155. Gaethje, Ferguson and McGregor are all coming off decisive losses. There's gonna be arguments whoever gets the call.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

It probably will be. McGregor is doing mega business whether its for the title or not, but you gotta think they'll wanna add that as a cherry on the top. 

Thing is, if not that fight, what one do you have challenge for it? Poirier is the only top guy one coming off a a win at 155. Gaethje, Ferguson and McGregor are all coming off decisive losses. There's gonna be arguments whoever gets the call.

Well Ferguson was going to fight Khabib before the pandemic and Gaethje is the most recent interim champion, so for me, it'd be those two for the undisputed title. 

I was thinking before, is Khabib the first UFC champion to defeat two interim belt holders? 

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Thing is, if not that fight, what one do you have challenge for it?

Chandler could become an instant star if he fought for the title and won. I'd put him in with Gaethje. Let the winner of Poirier vs McGregor face the winner of that.

• Paid Members

As good as the first one was, I think it’d be too soon for Gaethje vs Ferguson 2. Plus they’re both coming off pretty clear cut losses.

I’d do Gaethje vs Chandler for the title now. Gaethje was the interim champ and Chandler was the backup going into Saturday night. That’s the one for me.

Beyond that I’d have Ferguson fight Charles Oliveira. That’s guaranteed craziness and Oliveira deserves the step up. McGregor vs Poirier is whatever. If it’s at 170 then it shouldn’t have any bearing on the 155 title picture anyway. If it’s at 155 I’d just make it a title eliminator with the winner facing the Gaethje vs Chandler winner.  

15 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

As good as the first one was, I think it’d be too soon for Gaethje vs Ferguson 2. Plus they’re both coming off pretty clear cut losses.

I’d do Gaethje vs Chandler for the title now. Gaethje was the interim champ and Chandler was the backup going into Saturday night. That’s the one for me.

Beyond that I’d have Ferguson fight Charles Oliveira. That’s guaranteed craziness and Oliveira deserves the step up. McGregor vs Poirier is whatever. If it’s at 170 then it shouldn’t have any bearing on the 155 title picture anyway. If it’s at 155 I’d just make it a title eliminator with the winner facing the Gaethje vs Chandler winner.  

I didn't even think about Oliveira. That's a good shout. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Panhead said:

I didn't even think about Oliveira. That's a good shout. 

I’m telling you he’s the forgotten man at 155. I don’t expect him to beat the top boys but he’s worthy of the opportunity to test himself against some of them at this stage.

Not a title picture fight but Hooker vs Dariush could be fun as well. Anyone know when Kevin Lee is due back? Or where the hell Gregor Gillespie went?