UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje - Oct 24 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Well, that was an emotional rollercoaster....... Somewhere there's going to be footage of DC hugging khabib and I'm going to cry like a baby watching it.....Β 

No need to wait that long. AllowΒ BossLogic to hit you with this tear jerker...

B71B50C8-17D0-4BD2-AA1A-3059F18DB99F.jpeg

• Paid Members

What an ending to a great show. The whole way from start to bottom, it was a fun ride. I didn't see the Khabib retirement coming. Maybe I should have when I looked at what his options would be, but I was set on thinking 30-0 made a difference to him. Really it was the journey that he was on with his dad that was the driver behind everything. A stellar, startling performance.Β 

• Paid Members

Seriously though, that first round pressure from Khabib was next level. Gaethje did well to stay away for 4 andΒ  a half minutes but ive never seen anyone work that hard to stay away from someone, it was chaotic. Gaethje to his credit landed decent strikes under immense pressure and those leg kicks may have added if this had gone longer but Khabib just swallowed him up, incredible performance.

• Paid Members

Khabib gets out on top. Anyone that does that has to be applauded, for 'beating the house' so to speak. As a fan of the sport like the rest of you, of course I'd have loved him to continue on to see what else he could go on to do, but only he knows the right time that he needs to walk away. We're heading for Poirier Vs McGregor for the vacant belt. Fingers crossed Dustin has the game to beat him now, like I expect he does.Β 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

those leg kicks may have added if this had gone longer

That was my thinking as well. When the first round started and Gaethje successfully avoided Khabib’s early takedown/clinch attempts and started landing those leg kicks I really thought it might get interesting. But Khabib just wasn’t having it and I guess with knowing he was going to retire he was more determined than ever to go out on a win. Especially with the loss of his old man still weighing heavy. He’s hard enough to beat at the best of times,Β as we’ve all seen, but on this night I really don’t think there’s another man weighing 155lbs (and even a fair few at 170) who’d have beat Khabib.

@WeeAlΒ I don’t know what’s going to happen title-wise. Last I heard,Β McGregor vs Poirier is likely to be at Welterweight. Whether plans change now with them needing a new champ at 155, who knows? But I’d imagine Michael Chandler is in the mix also given that he was the backup for this fight. So it could be Chandler vs Gaethje or Ferguson or something. Or a mini tournament. We’ll find out soon enough. Khabib’s left a big void though. Got to think there’s a few relieved Lightweights sitting at home tonight.Β 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

That was next level stuff from Khabib. Dana was saying Khabib was at hospital with a broken foot 3 weeks ago too, just to add what a hard bastard he is.

I think I said in here that if he wins this then it's hard to argue him in that rare air GOAT convo, but with a performance like that it is undeniable. What a performance to retire on and what a way to honour his old man.

I assume he'll only ever return for a GSP fight, as that was his Dad's wish and dream fight.

• Paid Members

I'd bet all of your winnings on that being the case Ebb πŸ˜‰.

Just now, Egg Shen said:

you just know the UFC is putting the vacant belt on the line when Conor fights Poirier now,

Apart from McGregor winning. We can't be that unlucky that he'll come out on top of this whole situation.Β