UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje - Oct 24 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Khabib on Dominick Cruz saying McGregor was β€˜trying to make him tired’ by eating a million punches in their fight...

Ha. Cruz being the stick in the mud he is will no doubt have something to say about this. HeΒ still goes on rants about early stoppages whenever there’s even a half quick call just because he wants the world to never forget he got β€˜screwed’ in the Cejudo fight. StillΒ think his commentaryΒ on that Khabib vs McGregor fight was some ofΒ the most ridiculousΒ in UFC history. And that’s including Goldy’s shiteness. Even Rogan had to cut him off and talk some sense into him. β€˜I don’t think this is a tactic. He’s not there by choice. He’s getting smashed’. Something like that.

I hope Cruz isn’t commentating on Saturday. Can’t be doingΒ with his monotoneΒ nasally voice as the soundtrack to maybe the most intriguing fight of 2020.Β 

• Paid Members

DC said on Monday he's commentating, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles his emotions during the fight.

Despite being a grumpy arse, I always thought Cruz talked a bit of sense and often enjoyed his takes but the Keith Peterson thing has done him no favours at all. Poor Keith, he always looked like he had the world on his shoulders without Dom giving him all this grief.Β 

• Paid Members

Yeah, aside from the Khabib vs McGregor fight and his whinging about Keith Peterson and digs about early stoppages, the actual content ofΒ Cruz’s commentary is usually alright. But there’s something about his voice and tone that just irritates me after a bit. AboutΒ 3-4 fights into a card that he’s working, I just want him to piss off. I was the same with Kenny Florian backΒ when he used toΒ do it. I wouldn’t mind seeing them mix up the PPV team a bit. It’s always Anik, Rogan and either Cormier or Cruz. I wouldn’t be against Rogan fucking off and trying Anik and Bisping. EvenΒ Felder’s kind of grownΒ on me lately.Β 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

ahhh please not Bisping, especially with no crowd, he's too loud

He’s no louder than DC. Not to mention RoganΒ shouting and screaming β€œOOOOHHHH” every time one of his favs lands a leg kick.Β 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, David said:

Let's be honest, lads. Cruz is a smug little prick. He has that condescending manner with that half-smirk that tells you he thinks he knows far more than everyone else.

Fuck him and his "no ring rust"Β Michael Flatley style-footwork.

It's a bit of an odd one for me. He's definitely a bit of a slimeball, but at the same time, I've enjoyed various segments and interviews he's done where he dissected techniques, tactics, and strategies in detail; he's very articulate, so it makes for enlightening listening.

That said, whilst not a fighter, Jack Slack does the same thing without that snotty tone, and wand's right that Cruz has been insufferable since his loss to Cejudo, so he can cock off.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

the BT Prelims are gonna be on youtube tomorrow too, handy if you dont have BT Sports on your TV or Fight Pass.

Β 

Β 

I'm sorry to sound like a little bitch here but FUCK BT sports for doing this. I have just paid Β£20 too get the prelims/main card which we normally get access for free over here as part of your BT sport package and they put the prelims on youtube for FREE. How can they justify doing that when they have been promoting it in a heavy way being on Box office for Β£20 for the past week

9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The prelims are never a part of the PPV. The Β£20 get you access to the 6 fight main card.Β 

Yes they are, it's a 7 hour event and starts at 5pm on box office. & they have been heavily promoting the line up of the fight pass prelims on fight pass of course. Then the prelims on box office & main card on box office.Β 

The prelims are fucking amazing for this card anyway so putting them out for free when you get them as part of the package when you fork out for the ppv is just abit of a kick in the dick. when do they EVER usually feel nice and put the prelims on youtube for free. They are normally on bt sports before the main card.Β 

When this is one of the biggest ppv's of the year you can't charge extra for the fans to watch it then feel bad and stick the prelims (which are absolute fire, just like the main card) out for free