UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje - Oct 24 🇦🇪 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

yeh not denying that, but its the only evidence we have of Khabib going late into the Championship rounds, and his wrestling was not as effective and it was against a guy who had zero preperation, so im clutching at it😄

The other thing no ones mentioning here is how is Khabib gonna be without his Dad in his corner? i dont think he's the kind of guy who would show up ill-prepared but mentally that still may throw him off his game on fight night, its a make or break type deal.

• Paid Members

That’s a big x-factor for me. Even Khabib seemed unsure how it would effect him going forward when he said it’s the kind of thing that ‘either breaks you or makes you stronger’. Something to that effect.

Fuck knows. I’m leaning towards Khabib myself but I’m not as confident as David about it. Between the questions on how Khabib’s handling the loss of his Dad, Gaethje’s wrestling, Gaethje’s leg kicks working either for or against him etc, there’s just enough doubt there for me to make this a tricky one to call and there hasn’t been a tricky one to call where Khabib’s concerned in...well, ever. Can’t wait. I want to see what happens if Khabib gets wobbled, or cut, or struggling to get the takedown. Just taken out of his comfort zone a little bit and put in some bother. Whether this is the fight we get to see that or what remains to be seen. Not even necessarily wanting him to lose, it’d just be cool to see if this turned out to be his Jones vs Gustafsson 1 moment. That first proper battle where he has to really dig deep and weather some storms. Could just as easily see a Khabib 50-45 though. He’s that good. 

5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

im betting Gaethje because that gives a better return but whether nor not he does win, when its over I do think he will have given Khabib his toughest fight.

You're betting Gaethje because that's what you do. You place losing bets 😉

• Paid Members

I love this.

Seriously though, Khabib looks sick to death of people asking about Conor at this point and I don’t blame him. I don’t even think Conor is focusing on Khabib at the moment. There’s already some talk that the Poirier fight will be at 170 and he’s angling for that Pacquiao fight after that. I get that the media want to bring Conor up at every opportunity for views and shit but Christ almighty it’s tiresome now. This is a great, great fight on Saturday night and all these berks want to talk about is Conor McGregor.

I think it’s also getting a bit awkward when people keep asking Khabib about his Dad. I know it’s a big part of the story in a weird way with this being the first fight since his passing but I don’t think Khabib wants to keep being made to think or talk about it while he’s trying to focus on the fight. 

• Paid Members

😮 odd bloke.

On the subject of that fight im surprised to see Whitaker come in as the underdog. Post-Adesanya id have got it, but Whitaker came back sharp against Till and befote the Izzy fight was starting to get p4p plaudits. Not really sure what Cannonier has done to be seen as the favorite.

Moneys on Bobby Knuckles.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:48 PM, Egg Shen said:

Al fended off Khabib's wrestling the later the fight went. 

Note that Al was able to defend Khabib's single legs in open space. If Khabib is to beat Gaethje, he will probably need to back him up against the cage to complete his takedowns. It is only against the cage there where Khabib' grappling will be effective imo. 

Gaethje is aware of this (1:49 onward)

Edited by jimufctna24