UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje - Oct 24 🇦🇪 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Casey Kenney doesn’t mess about. He fought on Saturday night, now it’s Monday and it’s booked already.

Was wondering when we might see Nathaniel Wood back in there as well. This is actually a really strong addition to the card. 

• Paid Members

Disappointed about RDA but Chandler vs Makhachev would be a great save. I’d also love to see Charles Oliveira against Makhachev if possible.

While I’m here, here’s Firas Zahabi breaking down Khabib vs Gaethje;

The wrestling battle will obviously be crucial but I really think Gaethje’s leg kicks could be just as big a factor. Either in leaving Gaethje open for Khabib’s takedowns like Zahabi says or, on the flipside, damaging Khabib’s leg and effecting his ability to shoot. A few of those well placed leg kicks could be a game changer. It’s such an interesting fight. 

I can't fucking belive this card is being put on bt sports box office over here. It's already so expensive to get sky with sky sports and bt sports to then have to pay an extra 20 quid for this card is absolutely devastating. I could easily wake up sunday morning and download it but i LOVE watching the UFC cards on a sunday morning on my tv. (It's literally the only thing i get to watch on the tv each week as my boy's take over for the rest of the time#0

I'm not a fan of PPV but seeing as the card looks good, great main event and the time it starts/finishes is perfect for us in the UK, I will have to pay and watch. Khabib wins, not sure how but he will get tested on the feet, on the ground too, but just think he will find a way like he always has to win. 

I haven't thought about this fight properly in months. But thinking about it again now, my opinion is still the same, Gaethje is a stylistic nightmare for Khabib.

Last week someone shared a video on Twitter of Gaethje defending takedowns against the cage, and some Tweeters claimed that Khabib will have no issue taking Gaethje down from that position. The problem there is that Khabib will have to back Gaethje up in order to press him against the cage, which won't be easy for him at all. If anything, I can see Gaethje putting Khabib on the back foot - where he is beatable - and bossing the striking exchanges. To make things even harder for Khabib, it's unlikely that he will be able to score takedowns on Gaethje in the centre of the cage. Gaethje is too good of a wrestler to be taken down in open air. 

Given all this, I am picking Gaethje to prevail. Possibly by knockout. 

So ive just taken the plunge and ordered it on box office. I suppose i can't be that stroppy about it as it's one of the biggest PPV of year with this main event. 

I am absolutely going for Gaethje to take the win against Khabib...... I am not a Khabib fan at all and i think Justin really does have the tools to really bring the fight to him and possibly dare i say it get the KO victory...... 

It is also absolutely awesome the main card starts at 7:00pm ish our time which means i will be watching live. The main event should be starting around 10:30 here.

I really expected Khamzat to be put on the main card too as he's made the trip over there and was sat side by side with Uncle Dana this past weekend. 
What are the chances of them finding him someone and sticking him on there now?

• Paid Members

The last I read about Khamzat was that they were looking at having him headline a card next. The way things have gone this year I wouldn’t rule anything out but I’d be surprised if they get him a fight for this card now just days out.

From the looks of the upcoming cards for the rest of 2020, there are Fight Nights on Nov 14th and Dec 19th that don’t currently have main events. I could see Khamzat vs Magny or Maia headlining one of them. And maybe Zabit vs Yair topping the other. 

Yeah tbh i did think it was abit too late now but he is there....

I am genuinely thinking we will deffo see Masvidal vs colby before the end of this year. 

I really am so excited for this PPV and like i said with the start time being at 7pm our time its even better!!