Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Nah, I think he would've mentioned it if that were the case.

I've been good an haven't mentioned it for 6 months as promised, and I won't directly talk about it here either!

 

I think people have answered better than I can if you are looking at European countries but I do know that in Italy in my industry most employers pay you to a UK bank account and pay your tax national insurance there so at least, how it works elsewhere I have no idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I should also mention that here in the Czech Republic, I'm basically classed as 'self-employed' and working on a trade licence, even though I have a full-time contract with the UK organisation I work for. 

So I basically 'invoice' the company, they PayPal me the wages and then I do the taxes here myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AndiRush said:

I seen something the other day about Barbados offering 2 year remote worker visas for Brits wanting out due to covid. 

 

UPDATE

Scrap that, complete lies from myself, it was Bermuda offering the visas. Here's the link

https://www.gotobermuda.com/workfrombermuda?gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTDIX4cWrZBicTz4I41SkqFsdJV7YJudzrtyXzcdUlmi052VHwz6WuxoCHVEQAvD_BwE

Estonia are doing something similar. I'm taking advantage of it and heading there just before Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, David said:

Estonia are doing something similar

Brits go over there taking local jobs and don't even learn the bloody language. 

They should send them all back, out means out, et cetera.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

Brits go over there taking local jobs and don't even learn the bloody language. 

They should send them all back, out means out, et cetera.

Ironically, one of the conditions of the visa is that the applicant must be working with clients based outside of Estonia, meaning local jobs aren't affected.

They've played a blinder to be fair. Welcome in someone being paid by a non-Estonian company, yet enjoy the benefits of job generation such as money being spent in the local economy and even tax being paid in Estonia.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well following a long and emotional conversation today Mrs Blog and myself think we are going to make a go of moving to Australia. 

Mrs Blog is a doctor so she is going to sign up with a recruitment agency who help UK doctors get jobs in Aus, she will then get a visa through work for us all. 

I am a teaching assistant with experience in SEN so I need to find out if my qualification translates to Aus schools. I can always retrain when there however. 

We are very drawn to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, North of Brisbane, good place for family, beach and national parks on the door step. 

Does anyone have any advice on making the move? Prices, Time etc. We are doing our own research obviously but if anyone has already done it that would be a great help. 

The biggest negative for me is having to fly the dogs over. It will break my heart putting them through that. My wife is worried about her parents but I have a pretty poor relationship with my family. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Well following a long and emotional conversation today Mrs Blog and myself think we are going to make a go of moving to Australia. 

Mrs Blog is a doctor so she is going to sign up with a recruitment agency who help UK doctors get jobs in Aus, she will then get a visa through work for us all. 

I am a teaching assistant with experience in SEN so I need to find out if my qualification translates to Aus schools. I can always retrain when there however. 

We are very drawn to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, North of Brisbane, good place for family, beach and national parks on the door step. 

Does anyone have any advice on making the move? Prices, Time etc. We are doing our own research obviously but if anyone has already done it that would be a great help. 

The biggest negative for me is having to fly the dogs over. It will break my heart putting them through that. My wife is worried about her parents but I have a pretty poor relationship with my family. 

I'm not all that clued up on Australia, but I'm assuming you mean to go through with this when they lift the ban on inbound travel? It's only Australian citizens and returning permanent residents who can get into Australia at the moment, isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David said:

I'm not all that clued up on Australia, but I'm assuming you mean to go through with this when they lift the ban on inbound travel? It's only Australian citizens and returning permanent residents who can get into Australia at the moment, isn't it?

Oh yeah it would be after the ban, it can take a good few months between applying for visas etc and actually getting them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...