UFC Fight Island: Zombie vs Ortega - Oct 17 🇦🇪 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was a very enjoyable show from start to finish. The main event wasn't quite the barnburner we were expecting but it was a technical masterpiece. I think Zombie can recover better from the loss than Ortega would have. Another 3 wins and Zombie will be back in the mix. With Ortega I feel he would have gone down the Ronda route and he would have gone AWOL again as in my opinion he has a bit of a fragile side to his personality. 

I didn't predict that Andrade mauling but I was happy as it was a much better result for the division than seeing Kaitlyn win.

Very classy of Kutateladze to say that he thought Gamrot won, he made a fan out of me instantly after that, I'm excited to see both guys again.

Without being controversial as I am all aboard the Khamzat hype train, but seeing Phillips get absolutely dominated in 15 minutes did take away some of the shine of Khamzat's victory in my opinion. I also spotted him sitting next to Dana during the show, Dana clearly loves him as I am not aware of any other current roster member sitting next to Dana during a show.

• Paid Members
On 10/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, wandshogun09 said:

But as good as he looked here, I don’t think it should be Volk vs Ortega either. 

they confirmed in the cage straight after that'll be Volkanvski/Ortega for the belt.

Zombie was massively disappointing. Ortega put him into his shell but it is frustrating to see a guy try nothing different for 25 minutes. Ortega looked great.

• Paid Members

Ah right I must’ve cut it off before the post-fight interview. Still think it’s a bit weird him getting a title shot off one win following the Holloway demolition job and a 2 year layoff. I actually think Zabit vs Yair should be the real #1 contenders fight but that’s taking so long to put together and Volkanovski can’t wait forever so I understand this move. The actual Volk vs Ortega fight itself is great too so I’m not complaining. Much prefer that to yet another go around with Holloway which Dana was hinting at at one point. Holloway vs Kattar or Zombie would do nicely next. 

Edited by wandshogun09

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Ah right I must’ve cut it off before the post-fight interview. Still think it’s a bit weird him getting a title shot off one win following the Holloway demolition job and a 2 year layoff. I actually think Zabit vs Yair should be the real #1 contenders fight but that’s taking so long to put together and Volkanovski can’t wait forever so I understand this move. The actual Volk vs Ortega fight itself is great too so I’m not complaining. Much prefer that to yet another go around with Holloway which Dana was hinting at at one point. Holloway vs Kattar or Zombie would do nicely next. 

If it were up to me I reckon I'd go Volkanowski vs Ortega, Zabit vs Yair, Zombie vs Holloway & Cattar vs Emmett. Or if Emmett is going to be out for a while do Holloway vs Cattar & Zombie vs Ige or possibly Stephens.

• Paid Members

Stephens is fighting Arnold Allen on the Nov 7th card.

I always forget about Emmett. Wouldn’t mind seeing him chucked into the mix actually. He’s coming off a few wins and that belter with Shane Burgos. There’s always Barboza as well although I’m still not sure about him at 145. It’s a hell of a pool of talent now at Featherweight.

• Paid Members

I think Emmett is expected to be out for a year. When was that injury, June? He'll not be back for a while. He tore every ligament in his knee and fractured one of the bones in his leg. It's really unfortunate for him that despite beating Burgos, there's the chance Burgos puts together two wins before Emmett fights again.