Well, that’s ruined it

Frankie Crisp

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This thread has been ruined for me by most people not understanding it. 

Ain't that the truth, it's a simple premise, here's a thing I liked, then something happened, now I can't like it. Not "I don't like wotzits, never liked em, disgusting".

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Absolute Ricky Starks is awesome, except he has the same acronym as Alan Roderick Statham, which is ARS. Thing is, I don't know if this has actually ruined it for me.

My issue with that nickname (aside from the fact that I'm not really sure what it's supposed to mean) is that to me it always makes it sound like him name is being used as a synonym for shite.

"Did you win today, lads?"

"Nah, lost 3-1 - never stood a chance though, the ref was absolute Ricky Starks".

More on topic  - a couple of years ago I took an admin/managerial job at the university I graduated from. For a variety of reasons I found it to be a fucking awful place to work & ended up jacking it in after about 3 months.

Now whenever I think about the place it's no longer the good times I spent there as a student, it's that awful 12 weeks working there.

Not as psychotic as Scott Adams, but I was disappointed to learn today that Hugh Jackman remains good friends with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, and is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch's children. He defends the friendship by saying he doesn't talk politics with them, as if turning a blind eye to atrocities makes it alright.

In many other respects he's always come across as a decent guy (as far as I've known), so as I say, it's disappointing - but to me, especially in these times, you are the company you keep.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Being an IT bod I used to have a chuckle at Dilbert, especially manager going "I have no idea how long this will take so I'll allocate you one day in the project plan."  Then I saw Scott Adams' Twitter retweeted and took a squiz at his Twitter.  Yeah, I'll take the calendar off my Christmas list.

Yeah this one killed my near-20 year fandom of Dilbert. Someone on Twitter alerted me to Scott's political beliefs a couple of years ago, so I checked his website and social media. Woof. I've no longer been able to read the comic strips since. What a dweeb.

Same thing happened with Terrible Tim, the guy who wrote the ear worm "Brother Man Bill" way back in YouTube's infancy. Tim is now big into the anti-vac crowd and believes COVID is a hoax. At least that has finally de-wormed that song from my head after 14 years.

15 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Not as psychotic as Scott Adams, but I was disappointed to learn today that Hugh Jackman remains good friends with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, and is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch's children. He defends the friendship by saying he doesn't talk politics with them, as if turning a blind eye to atrocities makes it alright.

In many other respects he's always come across as a decent guy (as far as I've known), so as I say, it's disappointing - but to me, especially in these times, you are the company you keep.

That’s a tough one to take. That behind the scenes footage of them all rehearsing for The Greatest Showman and handsome Hugh can’t sing because of his umpteenth skin cancer nose op but then he does anyway melts my cold cynical heart every time. It’s like seeing that picture of John Barnes with Boris Johnson all over again.

• Paid Members
On 9/20/2020 at 12:14 AM, Shy Dad said:

EDIT: it's the new Dolce and Gabana commercial. I'd assume its because they're both based off the track from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 

The version in the Dolce and Gabana ad is the Bandini remix of The Ecstasy Of Gold. I know, because it was in every sodding ad break I ever saw, and I was pulling my hair out for weeks trying to figure out where I knew it from. It's a fantastic remix.