WWE Payback 2020

WeeAl

• Paid Members

Anyone remember about this? If you did, are you watching?

PAYBACK 2020

Match Card:

WWE Championship Triple Threat, No Holds Barred:

Roman Reigns Vs Bray Wyatt Vs Braun Strowman

US Title:

Apollo Crews Vs Bobby Lashley

Women's Tag Team Titles:

Sasha Banks&Batley Vs Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler

Keith Lee Vs Randy Orton

Rey and Dominick Mysterio Vs Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy

Matt Riddle Vs King Corbin

Big E Vs Sheamus

If there is anything else announced then I don't know what it is. Feel free to mention it. 

Last one out turn the lights off please. 

Edited by WeeAl

Gotta admit, the main event has the same car crash appeal as The Fiend in HITC and in Saudi Arabia did. Where the fuck are they going? Seem like a lot could factor in to make it a glorious, overthought clusterfuck. You've got the big return of Roman Reigns, Retribution, Heyman and Alexa Bliss on the fringes, and a potential face turn for The Fiend of all people!?

I mean when was the last time a PPV was headlined by three heels? It seems utterly mental. And the other big match is between two heel tag teams?

Talk about slinging shit at the wall.

Why on earth did they decide to work the Matt Riddle allegations into this storyline? That's beyond fucked up. Then again, I probably shouldn't expect better from the company that did "Eddie is in Hell!", walks hand-in-hand with the Trump administration and requested Jon Moxley say horrific things about Roman Reigns' cancer battle. 

I'm not a regular WWE viewer these days, and this PPV pretty much demonstrated why, even looking past the Riddle stuff. The matches were perfectly fine, but everything feels very predictable and contrived. The story thread of Roman having not signed his contract was stupid. Why would there be any doubt that he would do this? The way nicknames, catchphrases and WWE jargon is shoehorned into every interview...I hadn't realised it until recently, but AEW has changed the way I view wrestling. All of WWE's bad habits feel infinitely more noticeable and as a result the show becomes hard to watch. 

• Paid Members

It was an easy to watch, breezy show. Even if a vaccine is developed and everything goes back to normal I hope they stick to Pay Per Views that last between two and three hours.

Heel Roman is fucking ace. His swagger and confidence is off the chart. It’s absolutely insane they didn’t turn him two years ago when the iron was at its hottest.

However, in what’s becoming something of a trend, the best part of this show was a supplemental video featuring Big E. What a man.

WWE is WWE. You know what you’re getting. At most, it’s the perfect show to have on in the background whilst you’re working or taking care of the kids.

I’m not going to complain though when Roman Reigns is being positioned as the top heel and Big E is being positioned as the top face. Even if they fuck it all up, which is more likely than not, I can’t remember the last time it felt like the stars were aligning so perfectly.

0EEB32F2-7F81-4EC6-8D0C-7AF639A91C30.thumb.jpeg.e3ba0a825f428ef00dc3817706cf01d6.jpeg

Money.

Edited by Supremo

There was a lot to like, I thought... 

Keith Lee goes clean over Orton. 

Shayna Bazsler looks great, Sasha has no belts because Bayley taps out. The eventual split between those two could be awesome. 

Big E's push continues, in a nicely understated way. I don't like the way it's been telegraphed that E is being pushed, but he's doing great. 

Roman's heel turn is complete and has been done really well. I guess AJ is currently the lead face on SD, but given the history between him and Heyman, will they go with it? Or Bryan? 

Charles Robinson's bump was great, as was Michael Cole vaulting over the barricade. 

Dominik Mysterio... I wanted to hate him, dispel him as only being used because of his dad, but good lord, he's good. His selling was great, bang on time for everything... He's got a hell of a future. 

Only gripe for me was Sheamus going back to black trunks, I think he looks better in the white vest / trousers combo he sported in the bar fight with Hardy. 

Aside from that, a hell of a lot happened in 2.5 hours, much of it good. 

• Paid Members

I’m all in on some more Roman vs. AJ Styles matches. Those guys had great chemistry, which will only be benefitted by the bigger Roman playing heel.

You wonder what’s happening with Randy Orton. Injured? Suspended? It seems so weird to build a guy up so much only for Keith Lee to pin him clean in under ten minutes. Goes against everything they normally do. Unless Vince just really likes Netball shorts? 

So many combinations I'm interested in now Roman is heel. The swagger. The cockyness. The verbal at the ref. All of it. Sure we didn't get new music but I'll take all the character changes over that.

Wasn't too bothered about the show beforehand but I didn't skip any of it, which is more I can say for many shows lately. Thought every match had something to offer.

If Orton really is looking to put over the new talent then all credit to him. Lee going over him right now makes him look damn good.

Best Shayna has looked since NXT. Even if it has to be with Nia. I did laugh at her shoving that belt in everyone's faces. Bet she's loving it.

Not much to say about Dominik that hasn't been said. Expected to hate him but he's more than talented enough to deserve his spot. All credit to him.

And Big E. Damn. Yeah I wish we could fast forward six months and get to the real good shit.