UFC Vegas: Covington vs Woodley - Sep 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

its mad what a 10-15 minute interview can do to completely change your opinion on a fighter isnt it? 😄 Meerschaert came off great.

Hasn’t changed my opinion on him exactly, I’ve been giving him props for a while now in the event opening posts and stuff, but it’s only reinforced my love for the old hound. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm actually more invested in Our Ger's fight than any other fight on this card now. And he seems to regularly wear vests. Which is nice.

A Meer-shirt, if you weeeel

• Paid Members

Just seen that Mickey Gall’s out of his fight with Miguel Baeza. Probably for the best for Gall, that. This card still has 14 fucking fights though.

Doesn’t feel like Covington vs Woodley is happening in just a few days, does it? Seems to be hardly any buzz at all. Probably because everyone’s pretty much completely given up on getting excited for any fight anymore. It’s mad to think though, this would’ve been a title fight on a big PPV back in 2018/19. Actually, it was supposed to be the fight when Colby won the interim strap but that went sideways and Usman ended up backdooring it and beating them both. Since then Woodley’s obviously lost a step as well so that’s probably hurting the hype a bit on top of COVID just generally sapping everyone’s confidence in these fights actually happening. Hopefully it does though. No doubt Covington wins. Sadly. Just can’t see past him drowning Woodley with volume and just outworking and frustrating the bollocks off him. If Woodley is ever going to pull that one last big match KO out the bag though, I really hope it’s now.

This was cool. Little clip of T-Wood talking about his son and managing to slip a pop at Colby in there in the process...

”The way I saw the end, in the beginning, is how I have to finish it. And it wasn’t losing to Usman and Gilbert. It wasn’t. Dude named fucking Marty and Gilbert. I done beat the ‘Natural Born Killa’, ‘The Gorilla’, a ‘Ruthless’ motherfucker. And then I lose to a Gilbert and a Marty.” 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Khamzat and Meerschaert had a bit of a confrontation at the fighter hotel. Nothing much from the sounds of it but here’s Gerald’s version...

“We passed each other in the hallway very quick and he tried to, I think he was trying to talk trash with me,” Meerschaert said. “He just kept saying, ‘Don’t talk too much,’ and I was kind like, ‘Yeah, OK.’ We’re fighting Saturday so we’re not going to do anything now because I want to make money.

“I don’t know what his deal is and not only that, but I don’t think it’s a very cool thing to flex when you got all your friends with you and stuff. I had one guy with me and he had a bunch of guys with him. I get it, you don’t have to like me, I don’t have to like you, but let’s just save it for the cage.”

I’ve redone the poll as well to include Chimaev vs Meerschaert as it’s pretty much become the UKFF ‘people’s main event’. If you voted on the other fights you’ll have to vote again. 

Edited by wandshogun09
Quoting system all to cock