UFC Vegas: Waterson vs Hill - Sep 12 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Thought this was better than it looked on paper.

Waterson vs Hill turned out to be a good fight. Still think it was weak for a main event but I’ll give them a pass with Santos vs Teixeira dropping off fairly late in the day. I enjoyed this though. It was a close one. I had Hill winning myself but there wasn’t much in it at all. I just felt like they were 2-2 going into the 5th and I had Hill just nicking it with that surge right at the end. Feel a bit bad for Hill, to be honest. That’s two fights in a row now where she’s lost by the narrowest of margins in fights I had her winning. How different things could be for her now with back-to-back wins over Gadelha and Waterson. I see Gadelha’s already had a pop on Twitter, and Hill has already slapped her down;

054-AFDD4-5-E0-E-4602-9-C02-0757469-CF4-

I’d be down for that rematch but I think Gadelha is already booked. Fun fight though. Best Waterson has looked for a while but I still just don’t see her ever getting much done from here. She just doesn’t have the size or venom in her striking to cause significant damage so she’ll always be swimming against the tide in these gruelling decisions. 

Ottman Azaitar! Fucking hell. I’ve had a good feeling about this guy for a while but I think his inactivity rendered him a forgotten man. Everyone’s on notice now. There’s still questions to be asked, of course, but the playbook is out there for all to see. Do NOT stand and trade with this bastard. Worthy is a tough guy as well but he just got blitzed quick. Hopefully Azaitar stays active now. 

Ed Herman vs Mike Rodriguez was a much better scrap than I expected it to be. Both went for it, it had twists and turns and the controversy with the knee to the spuds that wasn’t actually a knee to the spuds. Sucks for Rodriguez because he looked to be well on his way to getting the finish when that happened. I’m seeing people giving Herman shit for faking but whatever. If you’re not cheating you’re not trying. Maybe Herman should change his nickname to Guerrero. Ed ‘Guerrero’ Herman. Lie, cheat, steal. In fairness, it was still an impressive comeback with the submission. Even if it was a comeback that shouldn’t have happened. 

The Billy Quarantillo KO was nasty. Solid fight before that as well. 

Bobby Green put in another really strong performance as well. Things seem to be clicking for him at the moment for whatever reason. After years of inconsistency and frustratingly close decisions. Bit of a Jorge Masvidal vibe to it but on a smaller scale, obviously. 

Eubanks vs Avila was a real disappointment for me. That’s the Raging Panda derailed. And by Eubanks all people, who I’ve never rated. To be fair to Sarge, it was probably her best performance in the UFC yet. Avila losing is shite though. The last thing the Bantamweight needed really. This time last year, women’s 135 had a grand total of 3 real prospects, IMO. Avila, Aspen Ladd, Ketlen Vieira. Now here we are with Vieira coming off a first round KO loss, Ladd’s out for the foreseeable with a bad knee injury and now Avila loses. Cack. Bantamweight isn’t the deepest division as it is.

Kevin Croom almost stole the show for me. What a way to debut. These last minute fill-in fights are throwing up all kinds of mad results. I like Roosevelt Roberts a lot but he just can’t catch a break. Hopefully he can bounce back and find some consistency. Incredible debut for Croom though. He was on that guillotine fast. 

Alexander Romanov was probably the highlight of the card for me though. Not sure how far he can go but I like him. He’s going to be a fun addition to the wacky world that is the Heavyweight division. A big fat suplexy lump of fun. The other guy wasn’t much cop so the jury’s obviously out on Romanov but he’s 12-0 with 12 finishes now. He’s doing what he’s supposed to do to these jobbers. Right off the top of my head, him vs Oleynik or Lewis could be a laugh. For totally different reasons. I like him though. Not sure his cornerman feels the same this morning though. 

DD314529-02B9-4EE9-833A-FF82D0ADEE12.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

What a great night of fights this turned out to be in the end with the women's main event delivering in a  big way. It was 50/50 on who won that but I was happy with the outcome as I have already been a fan of the Karate Hottie.

Romanov was awesome and he seemed really happy to be there. After he go the win I noticed he was fist bumping everyone in the cage, the ref, the cut guys, his opponent's coaches, the commissioners, Buffer, everyone. He seemed so happy and friendly. He's definitely got the personality and I can't wait to see more of him to see if he has the skills to make a run.

It was a great win by Croom but like Wand, I am a fan of Roosevelt Roberts so it was sad to see him lose two on the bounce now.

Speaking of losing, I think Brok Weaver's hype train is over and I can unfortunately see him getting cut now, I hope they keep him around as he is a memorable fighter in a sea of forgettable prelim guys right now.

I loved that Herman comeback, he in no way deserved to still be in it after round 2 but I love the guy so that submission got a "YES!" out of me when he won. He also came out to Hulk Hogan's theme so that's automatic bonus points for me.

I love this Bobby Green run right now, that's 3 in a row. I hope they continue to give him the same level of fighters as I think a step up might derail him and to be honest I am just happy to see him fight and get a streak going. I love the guy.

• Paid Members

Quite a week for Kevin Croom.

225-C225-D-3-FE0-4-D20-83-E2-36684334-FF

From what I can tell he’s only on $10K/$10K to show/win but that’s $70K with his POTN bonus and whatever other little bits are tacked on with the Reebok sponsorship and stuff. Still huge for him. Cool to see. And he certainly made quite a first impression and got it done quick so no doubt he’ll get another fight as soon as he wants it.