Jump to content

Work


Tommy!
 Share

Recommended Posts

I get overpaid all the time but I just tell myself it’s for all the times I’ve worked five minutes over or come in 5 minutes early. I’ll also book anything as little as 4 minutes overtime. Nobody ever says anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

This reminds me of when my brother in law who works in IT for a finance company got his MDs pay by mistake once due to their employee number being digits apart. I think he got roughly £70,000 and obviously had to give it back.

I'd have left the country before they'd even noticed. Can always get another job innit?

Someone else once got my bonus as we had the same Surname and HR couldn't work out how Vlookups worked.

Ironically my job was as an Excel Developer 😐

Edited by DiscoPistol
Idiocy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got overpaid like 18 years ago by like £500 I think and said I could only afford £10 a month so that's all they took over a few years.

I could have probably paid it back over a few months as money and bills wasn't an issue then but I thought sod them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've just had a total fuck up between the union, its members and senior managers. 

1) Staff make bullying accusations against senior managers.

2) Union surveys its members on bullying. It shares the results with senior management. Senior management push back and say they don't accept the results.

3) Senior management say they're concerned about "mental wellbeing" but that they think it'll improve when we get more customers in. These senior managers have worked from home throughout the entire pandemic and haven't spent anytime with staff. 

4) The union arranges a meeting with its members to discuss the results. 

5) One of the members asks if a senior manager (who isn't a member) can attend. The union say no and that senior management aren't allowed to even ask us about the meeting.

6) The union invite their members to the meeting. All of the members' names and emails are visible in the invite.

7) A union member forwards the invite to senior management. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, Vamp said:

We've just had a total fuck up between the union, its members and senior managers. 

1) Staff make bullying accusations against senior managers.

2) Union surveys its members on bullying. It shares the results with senior management. Senior management push back and say they don't accept the results.

3) Senior management say they're concerned about "mental wellbeing" but that they think it'll improve when we get more customers in. These senior managers have worked from home throughout the entire pandemic and haven't spent anytime with staff. 

4) The union arranges a meeting with its members to discuss the results. 

5) One of the members asks if a senior manager (who isn't a member) can attend. The union say no and that senior management aren't allowed to even ask us about the meeting.

6) The union invite their members to the meeting. All of the members' names and emails are visible in the invite.

7) A union member forwards the invite to senior management. 

 

I don’t understand the fuck up. Do senior managers not know who is in the union? Were they somehow able to see the meeting taking place via zoom or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They didn't. They do now. 

Essentially:

A) Union fucked up by not doing a blind carbon copy. A lot of people aren't comfortable with senior managers knowing that they're union members.

B) A union member fucked up by sending that data onto senior managers who had no right to know. 

C) Everyone's gonna think senior management asked for that email. Especially since they asked to go to the meeting. Which isn't a great look when you're trying to say that you're not intimidating or bullying staff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting a new job Monday morning (9am, absolute PEAK timing Bacon). Have been through quite a lot of upheaval recently with personal things and issues (won't go into here) so am leaving the world of retail and back into employment services.

Now working for a business that focuses on helping the long term unemployed and those facing barriers to employment, and hopefully getting  them back into work. I am ridiculously excited to get back into this field, without the stress of having a target of £60,000+ a quarter to focus on, as it's a not-for-profit. 

It's also a rapidly growing business so I'm hoping there's scope for progression (They already offered me a higher banded job than I initially applied for) so this is the stability I need. 

I will say that long term this isn't my overall goal, something incredibly left field is, but I am really looking forward to it, and hope I can help those that need it.

That start date and time though...ffs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Starting a new job Monday morning (9am, absolute PEAK timing Bacon). Have been through quite a lot of upheaval recently with personal things and issues (won't go into here) so am leaving the world of retail and back into employment services.

Now working for a business that focuses on helping the long term unemployed and those facing barriers to employment, and hopefully getting  them back into work. I am ridiculously excited to get back into this field, without the stress of having a target of £60,000+ a quarter to focus on, as it's a not-for-profit. 

It's also a rapidly growing business so I'm hoping there's scope for progression (They already offered me a higher banded job than I initially applied for) so this is the stability I need. 

I will say that long term this isn't my overall goal, something incredibly left field is, but I am really looking forward to it, and hope I can help those that need it.

That start date and time though...ffs...

3rd Sector/Not for profit/charity sector is phenomenonal tbh. Freedoms in work that I've never had in private sector work and a very real sense of making a difference in people's lives. 

Don't think I'd ever go back to the fully corporate/private sector world. 

Good luck sounds like an amazing opportunity. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, patiirc said:

3rd Sector/Not for profit/charity sector is phenomenonal tbh. Freedoms in work that I've never had in private sector work and a very real sense of making a difference in people's lives. 

Don't think I'd ever go back to the fully corporate/private sector world. 

Good luck sounds like an amazing opportunity. 

 

Thanks Pat, very kind of you to say so.

I worked for quite a few years for not for profit housing organisations before I went into the private sector so I've experienced both sides.

They both have their pros and cons, but this sounds and looks like a business with a very clear structure and plan which I'm happy about. That's really important to me. Can't wait to get started.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Congratulations bacon! You should just skip the footie, get an early night so you're nice and fresh for your first day 👍🏽

Cheers dude. Luckily I'm at home for the first two weeks and Monday I just have a Zoom at 9 for 30 minutes and then online training all day, so I only need to tough it out for half an hour!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...