UFC 253: Adesanya vs Costa - Sep 26 🏝 🇦🇪 🏖

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

You’d definitely have seen it Guy. Was only last year. Think it was the win that got Santos the shot at Jones.

When Polish Power met the Brazilian Bomber...

1FDB43D9-957A-4D1E-BA5C-2844B80D5E47.gif

One of Santos’ best all around performances as I recall. Although fuck knows how he’ll look now coming off double knee surgery. A rematch could go very differently, especially with Jan riding high now momentum-wise. Santos vs Teixeira is back on for November so it’ll be interesting to see how he looks there. Not an easy return fight by any means with the late career resurgence Glover’s currently enjoying. 

Well, a while back when we were all discussing Adesanya I commented that for me to consider him a potential, legit great he'd have to face up to some legit names.

I think it was after the Gastelum win, and I mentioned Romero, Costa and Whittaker. Suffice to say he's now reached that stage. 

Who's really left for him in this division? Cannonier? He's on a three fight bounce, but the first of those was in 2018 I think, but that's fair enough. 

After that? Who's left? Jack Hermansson if he can rebuild?

Jon Jones is the fight I want to see but that seems light years away now with him going up to Heavyweight. They clearly hate each other too. I could see Jones losing to Stipe, so maybe he'll go back down again after that. 

What about ya boi Chamzat David? If he keeps laying waste to all and sundry it could be a massive fight and I can't see him freezing like Yoel and Costa. 

• Paid Members

Cannonier’s hot streak is only recent but you can pinpoint it to him dropping to Middleweight. He’s one of those guys who’s completely rejuvenated himself by finding the right weight class for himself. He wasn’t much cop at all at 205. At 185 he’s a different animal.

205 vs 185;

467741-C4-2249-473-A-9-FD9-BB857545-BB0-

I’d still favour Adesanya though. As much as I rate Middleweight Cannonier, I don’t think he brings anything that Adesanya’s last few opponents didn’t. And like Costa, he’s probably got little more than a puncher’s chance.

Hermansson could be interesting because at least he’s got a different skillset. If he beats Till in December, and I fancy him to, I’d like to see him get a crack at the belt against whoever holds it then (still Adesanya most likely). If he could drag Israel into more of a grappling heavy fight he could do well. That’s the one area I want to see more of from Izzy. He’s shown little flashes of his ground game in the Gastelum fight and when he was trying to bum Costa, but it’s the one thing we haven’t seen really put to the test. The one guy who had the wrestling base to put him on his back recently was Yoel but he opted for this gameplan instead. 

24DBFDE6-4E42-48A7-84A4-45EA00C8FB07.gif

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Blachowicz has grown on me over time by sparking dickheads like Luke Rockhold and Corey Anderson. I’d have to root for Thiago Santos if they ever rematch as well though. It’d be a babyface vs babyface clash but I’ve been a Santos fan since he murdered that Canadian fella whose name I’m forgetting with a headkick that would’ve laid out a hippo.

Here’s Jan The Man getting the hero’s welcome on his return to Poland;

Love shit like that. 

in an ideal world we'd see Jan defend that belt in a packed out stadium in Poland. Instead he'll probably end up defending it in an empty gym in Vegas 😔

Costa speaks...

any ideas? has to be that he couldnt fit his dick and balls into his cup no?

Edited by Egg Shen

Greetings all.  Apart from a  Whittaker rematch (think Whittaker fights Cannonier soon?) the only fights I could really get on board with for Adesanya are Till if he can put two or three wins together, or a 185-lb Kamaru Usman!  

If Adesanya could get to, say, 25-0, where does he rank amongst the GOATs?  Doesn't seem to get anybody's respect but he's pulled apart the entire division. 

Edited by OzExile

• Paid Members

not long ago id have said Anderson Silvas's middleweight reign would never be touched, but Adesanya is closing in on it already. I dont know if Adesanya will top his title defences (Silva won the belt in his 2nd UFC fight), but the actual win streak and quality of win streak could be argued now.

I dont think Anderson had a 4 fight stretch as good as Gastelum, Whitaker, Romero, Costa.

• Paid Members

Big Nog with Brandon Royval for no other reason than Nog’s childlike happiness is always good to see. Can’t help but smile seeing his old haggard but happy face. 

Hard to believe he’s only a year older than Yoel Romero. I love this though. Royval might be my guy at Flyweight now behind Figueiredo. I enjoyed his debut against Tim Elliott, loved this fight with Kai Kara-France and now he’s got the Nogueira seal of approval.