UFC 253: Adesanya vs Costa - Sep 26 🏝 🇦🇪 🏖

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was an enjoyable show where the 2 champs came out looking very dominant.

If Thiago Santos gets past Glover then he is surely next in line seeing as he owns a victory over Jan, that will be a good scrap and the storyline writes itself. I can't see Jones going back to LHW and I can't see the UFC allowing him to either.

Seeing Diego Sanchez looking  so badly out of shape was sad to see, that is not like Diego at all, he was really carrying some timber round the bread basket and it was sad to see.

I'm not saying he should carry on fighting but I'm also not calling for his retirement, he's still very hard to stop and none of these young guns have been able to stop him. The last person to stop him was Matt Brown in November 2017.

Cowboy vs Nightmare in a loser leaves town fight. The winner also has a prime chance to leave the gloves in the octagon on a win. 

I know it's probably for the best if these guys retire but the UFC is full of Khabib lite chin straps right now and faceless cookie cutter Americans who look like they belong in a cross fit gym. I want to see the legends I grew up watching who are instantly recognisable fight for as long as selfishly possible.

• Paid Members

he was definitely having some trouble with whatever was filling that cup.

The performance itself was stella from Adesanya. Costa just froze out there, i dont know if he thought Izzy couldn't hurt him but he seemed to allow the first 10 or so leg kicks and before he knew it he'd gone into his shell and had his mobility taken away from him, Costa threw about 2 punches all night. Adesanya operating on another level to these guys if they plan on having straight forward kickboxing match with him. They are gonna get chewed up. 

Lots online about Adesanya's chest. I noticed it straight away.

Edited by Egg Shen

Pretty enjoyable show overall.

I'll admit to being a little disappointed in the main card until Kara-France and Raw Dawg went crazy. Dawodu vs. Tukhugov was a snooze-fest for the most part. I don't blame Dawodu for getting upset towards the end, Tukhugov spent the entire round seemingly back-pedaling. I guess he thought he'd won the first two rounds and thought he'd coast it out? Glad he lost based on that alone, even though it fucked up my multi-bet on the first leg. Vieira vs. Eubanks was a little better, but I felt like the action was in spurts, with not a lot happening in between.

But the prelims were mostly decent, the flyweights absolutely killed it in the main card spot, and the two title fights were convincing performances for the AND NEW and the AND STILL. Very similar approaches in how Jan and Izzy both spent the first round chipping away at the opponent- Blachowicz with the body strikes and Adesanya with the leg kicks- before unloading upstairs once they had the opening. Would have liked more of a war in both fights, but it's hard not to be impressed with clean domination like that.

And Costa got raw dogged after the finish. Poor guy. Honestly, that was classless by Adesanya. I don't mind some of his antics- I mean he busted out a Spinarooni that would make Booker T blush- but pretending to bum someone you just beat is a bit too far.

Other thoughts:

-Mixed feelings on the Matthews vs. Sanchez fight. Happy that my fellow Aussie picked up such a big name win, but sad to see a legend like Diego look like that- both in his performance and aesthetics, the Nightmare looked like he'd been sleep-eating in training camp.

-Shane Young getting KOed was a big highlight for me. Thought his shit at the weigh-ins was cringey and disrespectful- he got defended by people saying the Haka is part of Kiwi culture, but even so, stonewalling Dana like that was shitty when he's trying to shake your hand. I know we give Dana shit sometimes, but that whole bit was weird.

-That scarf hold Juan Espino used looked rough as hell!

• Paid Members

Adesanya's chest is as big a talking point as his performance. His performance was exemplary. He made Costa look amateurish (his game plan certainly appeared to be). 

I don't assume that most people who don't test positive for PED's are clean, and it doesn't really bother me at all if they aren't clean, to be honest with you. However Adesanya has slung a lot of accusations at other's for this type of stuff, and he's now rocking up there with one of the biggest red flag side affects that you can have for PED use - especially for someone that carries no body fat. I hope he addresses it (maybe he has, I haven't seen it if so). 

I get the impression testing has been greatly reduced due to the pandemic travel restrictions. Would I be right in thinking that, or are failures just not happening/the people that fail aren't eye catching names?

• Paid Members
On 9/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Brandon Royval vs Kai Kara-France was the best fight of the card. Rightly got FOTN. 

Yeh this was great. Royval comes off like a flashier Diaz brother, similar looseness in his approach but mixing in explosive spinning techniques and a super active ground game. Just what 125lb needed.

• Paid Members

Blachowicz has grown on me over time by sparking dickheads like Luke Rockhold and Corey Anderson. I’d have to root for Thiago Santos if they ever rematch as well though. It’d be a babyface vs babyface clash but I’ve been a Santos fan since he murdered that Canadian fella whose name I’m forgetting with a headkick that would’ve laid out a hippo.

Here’s Jan The Man getting the hero’s welcome on his return to Poland;

Love shit like that.