UFC 253: Adesanya vs Costa - Sep 26 ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ–

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Matt Serra had a little run in with Diego Sanchezโ€™s coach Joshua Fabia.

Din Thomas was the one filming it. Hereโ€™s his version of what happened;

Iโ€™ve seen mixed responses to this and you canโ€™t really see how this started by the little clip here, but if Serra was just sat eating with friends and this guyโ€™s just rolled up at the table like that moaning because Serra didnโ€™t know his name or acknowledge him enough orย whatever, he shouldโ€™ve been told to get to fuck.ย 

Holy crap, Adesanya is so slick, that head kick that cut Costa was so insanely fast, and he pieced up Costa, with ease.ย 

I'm not picking against Adesanya again, but Cannonier and Hermannson could give him problems, especially if Hermannson gets him to the ground, but damn, you can't stand in Izzy's range, he's gonna smash you up.ย 

It's crazy that Gastelum has given him his toughest fight so far.

POLISH POWER, damn, what a performance, totally schooled Reyes in the stand up, and he busted him up. Top level performance.ย 

• Paid Members

At least all that flirting from Costa paid off for himย in the end.

E1-EFC311-912-E-4-EC6-B955-6-AA52-F11-EC

In all seriousness, top performance from Adesanya that. This the guy everyone was calling a boring fighter after the Romero fight? Seems like everyoneโ€™s back on the bandwagon now. Pretty much flawless. Costa always had a puncherโ€™s chance for me and nothing else. Power means fuck all when youโ€™re connecting with nothing but air.ย He was massively outgunned in technique and that coupled with his T-Rex arms meant he was always going to be up against it. Where does Adesanya go from here? Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™s got to be Cannonier if he beats Whittaker at 254. Hermansson is in the convo but Cannonier battered him not long ago so heโ€™s got to be ahead.

Blachowicz vs Reyes was a fight I was about 50/50 on going in. Really wasnโ€™t sure how it would go because before the Jones fight, Iโ€™d never been massively convinced by Reyes. Heโ€™s good but I just didnโ€™t see him being in that championship mix. Thenย he ran Jones mega close and arguably shouldโ€™ve got the win. But was that more indicative of Reyes being the real deal or Jones being a little bit off in his last coupleย ofย fights? Regardless, I was happy with the result here. Janโ€™s just more likeable for me. He really rose to the occasion here as well. Easily the best performance in the UFC and at the perfect time. He fucked Reyes right up. Body and head. Stole this off Twitter...

60-FEB3-D5-41-F9-4-A57-AD4-A-3-FF2-BB041

Wonder if Janย still wants to fist Jones.ย 

Brandon Royvalย vs Kai Kara-France was the best fight of the card. Rightly got FOTN. What a mental fight. And thereโ€™s still people who say Flyweight is boring. These two had one of my favourite fights of the year so far. It wasnโ€™t on the level of Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk or Poirier vs Hooker but it was fucking fantastic all the same. This was just the beginning...

Royval is awesome to watch. Just attacks non-stop from every position. Iโ€™d love to see him and Figgy do battle. Hopefully Royval can keep this win streak going and weโ€™ll get to see that. This was a beautiful performance from him.ย 

Happy to see Ketlen Vieira back to winning ways. Wasnโ€™t an amazing fight or anything but itโ€™s probably exactly what Vieira needed coming off that loss to Aldana. She got 3 rounds in and came out with the win. Hopefully she can get her shit together now and go on a bit of a run.

Jake Matthews vs Diego Sanchez then. Christ. Iโ€™ve never seen Diego look so out of shape. And I remember him as a porky Middleweight on TUF. Looked pretty bad in the fight as well.ย Even Diegoโ€™s corner...Stephan Bonnar and that weird โ€˜guruโ€™ bloke thatย Matt Serraย doesnโ€™t know the name of?ย I love Diego but I wish heโ€™d stop. Two things he was always known for in his career wereย his chin and conditioning, and even they appear to be goingย now.ย Matthews shouldโ€™ve looked better really considering Diego offered nothing. Mightโ€™ve been a case of Matthews being a little bit star struck or respecting Diego too much but itโ€™d probably have been kinder to just waffle him out of there early.

Oh and Conor McGregor still wants to fight Diego. Even after watching that.

B45-B731-E-08-F0-4-F56-87-C8-BD2143997-C

Heโ€™s obviously back on the sniff. And thereโ€™s twats who actually act like Khabibโ€™s scared of rematchingย this clown? Khabibโ€™s trying to fight Gaethje, Ferguson andย Chandler. Meanwhile,ย McGregor is angling for aย gimme against a flabby, 39 year old Sanchez who couldnโ€™t look more shot if Lee Harvey Oswald took a popย at him fromย the grassy knoll.ย Any commission that sanctions that wants locking up.

Had a feeling Ludovit Klein might surprise people. All the talk was about Shane Young and hisย Haka the other day but then I saw this littleย highlight of Klein yesterday where heโ€™sย just flatlining people with head kicks...

...and I thought it might not end well for Young. Seems Klein is a bit of a Cro Cop fan because he busted out another one here. Heโ€™s kind of came out of nowhere but you look at his record and heโ€™s 17-2 now with 16 finishes. And heโ€™s actually got as many submissions on his record as he does knockouts so heโ€™s not some one trick pony. I like this little bastard already.ย 

Quite like William Knight. Still think Camur could have some real potential but Knight just got it done. Held up well over 3 rounds as well considering heโ€™s builtย like a 4 bedroom house.

It was a bit of a 2 match show going in. The main and co-main delivered in a big way but Iโ€™m still buzzing over that Royval fight.ย 

Edited by wandshogun09

Well considering Dana was hyping this show up as potential fight of the year candidate, It was incredibly disappointing (IMO last week's fight night card was miles better)

Israel Adesanya vs Paulo Costa

Was not fight of the year by any stretch, However i was incredibly impressed with Izzy's performance. He went in cool as a cucumber and absolutely demolished Costa like he was nothing. I'm not a huge fan of Irael but my god he absolutely blew me away here so I'm looking forward to whatever is next for him.

Dominick Reyes vs Jan Blachowiczย 

I can't remember the last time i walked into a title fight so confident only to walk away so wrong and disappointed. I was sure Reyes would be walking out with the strap but jesus christ the same guy that IMO won against Jon Jones in a 5 round war was not the guy in that octagon last night. Jan fucking blitzed him.....Those kicks to the body in the first round made such a huge welt even i was starting to feel the pain.ย 

The post fight Jones callout from Jan really got me excited and THAT is a fight i would be salivating to see.ย 

It was really hard to see Diego take such a beating, He just didn't look like he was mentally or physically in the cage at all. Seeing him lay in a pool of his blood was genuinely disheartening too see.ย 

ย 

Dana was visibly disappointed at how the main event went in the post fight presser, also talking about Conor and how his recent tweets with screenshots of their private conversation he posted was low and breaking the Bro code. Which i don't disagree with at all......I think Conor is back on the sniff with him pushing Dana to make him vs Sanchez as a main event in Dublin. Christ i love both fighters but that would be a fucking dreadful fightย 

• Paid Members

I felt sorry for Costa losing to a man with a saggy tit. Clearly a great prospect but, outside of him doing some mugging towards Adesanya, he offered almost nothing. I'm amazed Adesanya never whipped it out post-fight, with all the bumming, cumming and breakdancing he was up to.

LHW title fight was decent enough. For the future, the champion being a man Jones hasn't faced is for the best.ย