Comic book movies II: the Richard Donner cut

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warner Bros: "Zack, we need you to make a 2 hour movie to release in the cinema"  Zack Snyder:...   

I decided to repaint a Superman Jakks and a batman one for my collection. Just the capes to do These are the toys that where in B@M for 10 quid a while back. 

Oh good. A big grey CGI villain.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Ok I have a real issue with falcon and the winter solider it’s going to contain spoilers including this weeks eps  so I will stick it the box 

Spoiler

So everyone is horrified that zemo killed the scientist, and that new cap kills the terrorist/freedom fighter.....however in eps1 Sam killed like 20 guys kicking them out of helicopters, blowing up said helicopter. Shooting them dead .

They all killed a bunch of guys outside the storage locker in lots of different ways no one cares. It’s bugging the shit outa me now. 

Edited by quote the raven
3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Ok I have a real issue with falcon and the winter solider it’s going to contain spoilers including this weeks eps  so I will stick it the box 

Hide contents

So everyone is horrified that zemo killed the scientist, and that new cap kills the terrorist/freedom fighter.....however in eps1 Sam killed like 20 guys kicking them out of helicopters, blowing up said helicopter. Shooting them dead .

They all killed a bunch of guys outside the storage locker in lots of different ways no one cares. It’s bugging the shit outa me now. 

Spoiler

You’re right to an extent and they should never make an issue out of henchman getting killed by the good guys because of the obvious hypocrisy but knock off Cap’ bludgeoning a cowering man with the shield is a bit different from Sam killing bad guys in active combat. Zemo (the shows MVP) killing anyone is on Sam and Bucky for breaking him out so has a bit more consequence.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You’re right to an extent and they should never make an issue out of henchman getting killed by the good guys because of the obvious hypocrisy but knock off Cap’ bludgeoning a cowering man with the shield is a bit different from Sam killing bad guys in active combat. Zemo (the shows MVP) killing anyone is on Sam and Bucky for breaking him out so has a bit more consequence.

Spoiler

So if he had beheaded  him with his shield 5 minutes earlier during the fight it would have been fine.  

Yet the show try’s to make you feel bad for him as he might have had a valid reason for being a bad guy. All the while Sam is murdering multiple people without even giving it a thought due to him deeming them as definitely bad guys. 

The same goes for Bucky, he killed 7 guys while under mind control classes them as fodder as they where “bad” then he shots one guy he deems as an innocent and has a breakdown.  It would lead you to believe that once he broke his programming he remembered doing it and traced the guys dad.  So by that logic he must have traced all the guys in that scene and been "meh" they where bad guys. Or didn't even bother on account they had guns, 

They lose any moral high ground in condemning anyone.  Also in civil war was stark not ready to kill a downed injured and armless bucky? for the death of his parents? Had cap not stopped him?

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, quote the raven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So if he had beheaded  him with his shield 5 minutes earlier during the fight it would have been fine.  

Yet the show try’s to make you feel bad for him as he might have had a valid reason for being a bad guy. All the while Sam is murdering multiple people without even giving it a thought due to him deeming them as definitely bad guys. 

The same goes for Bucky, he killed 7 guys while under mind control classes them as fodder as they where “bad” then he shots one guy he deems as an innocent and has a breakdown.  It would lead you to believe that once he broke his programming he remembered doing it and traced the guys dad.  So by that logic he must have traced all the guys in that scene and been "meh" they where bad guys. Or didn't even bother on account they had guns, 

They lose any moral high ground in condemning anyone.  Also in civil war was stark not ready to kill a downed injured and armless bucky? for the death of his parents? Had cap not stopped him?

How do you feel about Man of Steel then?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

How do you feel about Man of Steel then?

Superman killing loads of people by proxy fighting zod? or him killing zod? 

However if you want to ask about batman killing in BVS? I have no issues with it until you work out that joker killed robin in that timeline and batman let him live Which then makes no sense what so ever.

Spoiler

I have no issues with heroes killing bad guys at all.

The issue i have is they are making a huge deal that new cap just killed a wanted terrorist that had a hand in killing loads of people in a factory that was also a pumped up super solider and how utterly evil it is and how hes now a super bad guy. When the heros have been butchering every bad guy they have meet since the start. The only difference is possibly this guy might have a semi decent motive for being a bad guy and people where around to see him killing him. 

I dont think any other superhero movie has done it like this but happy to be corrected. 

• Paid Members

This is all standard rules of engagement stuff, I'm not sure what's confusing about it.

Spoiler

As a general rule, the good guys don't kill defenceless combatants.  Falcon and Bucky (now he's good) are killing henchmen when they're engaged in combat.  They're not putting a bullet between the eyes of someone that's surrendered.

John Walker beans him with the shield in the head in active combat and he dies = Not a problem for comic book morals.

John Walker bludgeons him to death when he's defenceless and has given himself up = Problem.

Spoiler

Come on, the guy was laying defenceless and Captain America caved his skull in. That’s not even the ‘killed by collateral damage’ that people might have a problem suspending disbelief for.  The good guys don’t do that. Killing people actively trying to kill other people  is an accepted standard in that universe. 

@quote the raven

Edited by Mr_Danger