Off Topic Minor Annoyances.

Rey_Piste

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One that fucks me off is how nobody lies anymore, they’re gaslighting. They are two different things!

I haven't heard that being used but people obviously don't understand what Gaslighting is....

1. The wife recently saw a great offer on toothpaste so bought about 12 packs. Turns out it’s bicarbonate of soda toothpaste. And it’s got a screw cap. 

Not only does it taste like I’m brushing my teeth with sea water twice a day, but the extra 4 seconds it takes in total to unscrew the top and then screw it back on is slowly totting up. Since the 2nd of August I’ve wasted 6 minutes of my life opening and closing toothpaste. And I’ve still another 9 packs to work my way through. 

2. Took the kids for ice cream at the weekend. Due to the new one way system being implemented in town there’s much more available parking. I had a whole street to choose from when I parallel parked up. While the wife was in the shop picking up the ice cream another car came along and pulled in to park in front of me. And despite having 200yds of kerb to choose from then reversed 4 feet so we were almost bumper to bumper. It meant when the wife returned with the ice cream I then had to reverse a few feet before pulling out rather than pulling out straight away. 

That last one has been boiling my piss for the past 2 days.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Reminds me of when I went to Cuba and bought back 400 what I thought was cigarettes and them turning out to be cigarillos and having to smoke every one of the fuckers.

Ex-cigar smoker here. Cuban cigarillos? Sounds superb. Sure, they're usually made from the cast-offs from the factory, but they're still better than most other non-Cuban cigars (except Italian cheroots).

21 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Ex-cigar smoker here. Cuban cigarillos? Sounds superb. Sure, they're usually made from the cast-offs from the factory, but they're still better than most other non-Cuban cigars (except Italian cheroots).

I'm sure they were, and I'd probably enjoy them nowadays, but they were essentially a cigar packed into a fag (they even looked like cigarettes, so not really a traditional cigarillo), and they were ridiculously strong for an 18 year old used to Marlboro Lights.

Most of them went in spliffs I think.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm sure they were, and I'd probably enjoy them nowadays, but they were essentially a cigar packed into a fag (they even looked like cigarettes, so not really a traditional cigarillo), and they were ridiculously strong for an 18 year old used to Marlboro Lights.

Most of them went in spliffs I think.

Fair dos. What was the brand? Cohiba?

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Fair dos. What was the brand? Cohiba?

Not sure, but the actual cigars I did bring back (at the bottom of my suitcase inside my socks inside my boxers inside my shoes as I thought that the X-Ray machine would highlight them and I'd be exiled in a Havana prison forever :) ) were Cohibas. Beautiful silver cylinder packaging as well. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not sure, but the actual cigars I did bring back (at the bottom of my suitcase inside my socks inside my boxers inside my shoes as I thought that the X-Ray machine would highlight them and I'd be exiled in a Havana prison forever :) ) were Cohibas. Beautiful silver cylinder packaging as well. 

I don't think you'd be done here for bringing back Cuban cigars; we haven't an embargo like the US. There are a number of Cuban cigar humidors in London.

I do love Cohibas. Not the absolute best, but nice and spicy.

• Paid Members

People leaving messages on my work phone just saying "could you please call me back on this number", with no indication what they're asking about. My message clearly says to state what it's concerning, and if you tell me that, I have a better chance of being prepared enough to give you the right answer, or putting you in touch with the right person. 

• Paid Members

People coming in from the right of you at a roundabout who don't signal they're turning left into your road, thus causing you to waste your time waiting, particularly annoying if the guy right behind them is going in any other direction.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Carbomb said:

People coming in from the right of you at a roundabout who don't signal they're turning left into your road, thus causing you to waste your time waiting, particularly annoying if the guy right behind them is going in any other direction.

Where I grew up, there was often a sense of other drivers having the approach to signalling of "Ah, but sure, I always go this way".