• Paid Members

Someone has probably said this one already, but online job applications that require you to individually fill in all the information that's already on your CV. In the time it's taken me to apply for three jobs today I could have applied for thirty, with those three not getting any more information than they could have got from my CV in the first place. Complete waste of time.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People who post stupid boring quotes and wrongly attribute them to celebrities. Where the fuck is Tom Hardy giving all these benign housewife friendly interviews about the state of modern society? Mar

What we have here is a few numpties talking American English on a British English forum. Get your arses down Kwik Save and see if you can find yourself some frozen fucking patties. 

You can tell bAz is from Glasgow that this registers as a 'minor annoyance'.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Someone has probably said this one already, but online job applications that require you to individually fill in all the information that's already on your CV. In the time it's taken me to apply for three jobs today I could have applied for thirty, with those three not getting any more information than they could have got from my CV in the first place. Complete waste of time.

Especially when they ask you to attach your CV on the first page.

It feels like that's part of the interview process. It's as if being able to regurgitate/duplicate work unnecessarily is a key skill for the role; either that or if you can gut out retyping everything in whatever ghetto Winforms template they've deployed online, then you must REALLY want the role. It also dumps on the idea that your CV has to be well-presented and eye-catching in order to get past the first post. Mind you, it's probably because it'll take whatever system they've got a few seconds to keyword-search a massive database of crap whereas it'll take a human a few seconds more to skim the first page of a CV and decide whether to bin it.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

it's probably because it'll take whatever system they've got a few seconds to keyword-search a massive database of crap whereas it'll take a human a few seconds more to skim the first page of a CV and decide whether to bin it.

Bingo.

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One that fucks me off is how nobody lies anymore, they’re gaslighting. They are two different things!

I haven't heard that being used but people obviously don't understand what Gaslighting is....

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

I haven't heard that being used but people obviously don't understand what Gaslighting is....

I don't. I don't use the term as a result but if someone can explain it would be super.

1. The wife recently saw a great offer on toothpaste so bought about 12 packs. Turns out it’s bicarbonate of soda toothpaste. And it’s got a screw cap. 

Not only does it taste like I’m brushing my teeth with sea water twice a day, but the extra 4 seconds it takes in total to unscrew the top and then screw it back on is slowly totting up. Since the 2nd of August I’ve wasted 6 minutes of my life opening and closing toothpaste. And I’ve still another 9 packs to work my way through. 

2. Took the kids for ice cream at the weekend. Due to the new one way system being implemented in town there’s much more available parking. I had a whole street to choose from when I parallel parked up. While the wife was in the shop picking up the ice cream another car came along and pulled in to park in front of me. And despite having 200yds of kerb to choose from then reversed 4 feet so we were almost bumper to bumper. It meant when the wife returned with the ice cream I then had to reverse a few feet before pulling out rather than pulling out straight away. 

That last one has been boiling my piss for the past 2 days.

6 minutes ago, MrK said:

I’ve still another 9 packs to work my way through. 

Reminds me of when I went to Cuba and bought back 400 what I thought was cigarettes and them turning out to be cigarillos and having to smoke every one of the fuckers.

• Paid Members

Having spent my entire life during lockdown working 1 step away from the government front benches to deliver some emergency COVID systems, I very quickly became incredibly annoyed at the phrase “at pace”.

“Everyone is working at pace to deliver this system...”

”I realise you’re working at pace, but....”

”We’re looking into this at pace...”

I’m not sure I ever heard anyone say this before Rishi Sunak made it his catchphrase soon after we were all told to stay at home.

It now feels as though people somehow feel like they can be excused for missing something important just by squeezing it into their excuse.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Reminds me of when I went to Cuba and bought back 400 what I thought was cigarettes and them turning out to be cigarillos and having to smoke every one of the fuckers.

Ex-cigar smoker here. Cuban cigarillos? Sounds superb. Sure, they're usually made from the cast-offs from the factory, but they're still better than most other non-Cuban cigars (except Italian cheroots).

21 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Ex-cigar smoker here. Cuban cigarillos? Sounds superb. Sure, they're usually made from the cast-offs from the factory, but they're still better than most other non-Cuban cigars (except Italian cheroots).

I'm sure they were, and I'd probably enjoy them nowadays, but they were essentially a cigar packed into a fag (they even looked like cigarettes, so not really a traditional cigarillo), and they were ridiculously strong for an 18 year old used to Marlboro Lights.

Most of them went in spliffs I think.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm sure they were, and I'd probably enjoy them nowadays, but they were essentially a cigar packed into a fag (they even looked like cigarettes, so not really a traditional cigarillo), and they were ridiculously strong for an 18 year old used to Marlboro Lights.

Most of them went in spliffs I think.

Fair dos. What was the brand? Cohiba?