Orange Cassidy - what is his ceiling in AEW?

RedRooster

Orange Cassidy - what is his ceiling in AEW?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

If you're not a fan anymore why would you care? 

I was a bit bevied when I wrote that to be fair, and I should have chosen my words more wisely.

What I meant was I haven't watched any new product since 2003 (other than the odd Mania and the epic Brock v Goldberg fued). 

I'm fascinated by the wrestling industry and the characters that made it up in previous eras, but don't even have the channels on my TV that show WWE or AEW. 

Still stand by the point that the orange juice flip flopping took wrestling and humanity back years and was fucking humiliating to watch. 

Someone needs to invent a PC mouse that tests your blood alcohol when you click it, and logs you off if too high. #dontdrinkandpost

Ortiz gonna Ortiz. He's usually brilliantly hokey - I thought him back bumping Aubrey Edwards sending the IC to the back PPVs ago was fantastic. The orange juice flopping would've worked with a crowd, but it was a misfire without that background noise.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, The King Of Swing said:

The genre of professional wrestling.

Who even talks like that?

Is pro wrestling REALLY a genre though? Surely "deathmatch wrestling", "bubblegum wrestling" etc are genres? Or would they be sub genres?

Anyway, with the answer I said world championship, though I actually feel he never should win it.

I've always had this theory that there are some wrestlers who are born to be "almost" champions. I.e. they strive and they strive but they never quite make it. Mainly because I feel there is more money to be made in their repeated chases. Kind of like how a Mania Undertaker match has more magic when someone is trying to end the streak; once it's been done it's never going to be the same.

I always think Jeff Hardy was the best example of this. I always found him more intriguing as a super popular alternative underdog challenger trying to overcome Randy Orton, Edge, The Undertaker (that Raw ladder match was fantastic). But once he won the championship, poof, that's it. That angle is now gone; he's reached the brass ring, he's achieve his life goal and the questions has been answered; yes, he can win the big belt. Once Hardy won the belt, ARGUABLY it cheapened the belt to a decree too (but that's very much open to debate).

So in short; I feel Orange Cassidy has a super bright future and should make a fuck ton of money. He's great. But I feel he should never win the AEW World Title; there is more intrique with him almost winning it and never quite making it. 

I didn't mind the orange juice bump, Ortiz's character doesn't suffer for it and he's the one guy in the IC that can afford to be a bit silly. If you didn't like that though for the love of fuck don't watch the brilliant Stadium Stampede match complete with infinity suplexes, somebody changing form in a swimming pool and a bloke on a horse.

16 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Wasnt  oritz pretending to drown in a the tiny pool? Its what he does.

As for OC his level is what ever the fans when they are allowed back want it to be. He really suffers without a large crowd IMO

Yeah it's like imagining Daniel Bryan's 'rise' playing out in front of a few people. I mean that's basically just Ring of Honor, but you see my point. It's a shame they've been unable to do some of this stuff in front of his fans, but needs must. They can't hold off forever.