UFC Vegas: Munhoz vs Edgar - Aug 22 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, and to think at one point we had Romero vs Hall as co-main 😞 got to say though, this was a fantastic card top to bottom. I saw a fair bit of criticism going in but the fights really delivered and anyone who skipped this missed out. 

My boy decided to fall out of his bed at about 2:30am and wake the whole house up so I saw the last couple of fights of this live.

Edgar vs Munhoz was a cracking fight. Chuffed to see Edgar get the win, although I must say I had it for Munhoz by a round. Was a bit taken aback when they announced it for Frankie. It was close but I couldn’t really see where Frankie won 3 of the rounds. I was half asleep though. Regardless of the scoring, I was happy to see Edgar go 5 rounds and still look pretty fresh late on. You’d have thought he was a Bantamweight his whole career watching this. And he probably should’ve been really. Don’t know where he goes from here. Doubt he fares too well against the top 135ers. For now I wouldn’t hate Edgar vs Dominick Cruz. Why not? 

Wasn’t really a good night for the prospects, was it? Timur Valiev got stopped. Dwight Grant got stopped. Both after battering their opponents initially. This was the shocker for me though...

On 8/6/2020 at 12:56 AM, wandshogun09 said:

7-F0-AD108-66-ED-4-F3-A-BFC4-6-D817-CF16

Mariya Agapova vs Shana Dobson is a fight I’m looking forward to, purely to see Agapova back in action.

Very much feels like they’re feeding Agapova a body here. Dobson’s probably a goner after this. If Agapova falls at this hurdle, she’s obviously not the prospect I think she is. I reckon she pisses this one though.

Boy did I get this one wrong. Obviously it was early days with Agapova anyway so her losing a fight isn’t a major surprise. To get TKO’d by Dobson though, who was 3-4 coming in and had lost her last 3 fights in a row...not good. And to be honest...

After this I was kind of glad to see her get twatted. What was she doing? That’s some Jessica Eye level cringe there. 

But yeah, the Rodriguez vs Grant and Jones vs Valiev fights were great fun. Top comebacks for Rodriguez and Jones in both fights. 

Amanda Lemos vs Mizuki Inoue was decent. One sided win for Lemos and she looked good in the striking and the grappling. But man, Mizuki is tough! She took a right beating here and just refused to fuck off. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wasn’t really a good night for the prospects, was it? Timur Valiev got stopped. Dwight Grant got stopped. Both after battering their opponents initially.

Did anyone else think those stoppages were a bit weird? Ordinarily I don't think I would have had a problem with either of them but it feels off that the ref let Jones & Rodriguez take a beating without stepping in but when when Valiev & Grant were in trouble he stopped the fights quickly and didn't give them the same opportunity to weather the storm.

That said, I do think that the Grant stoppage was probably correct though the Valiev one may have been a little bit early.

• Paid Members

Valiev looked mightily impressive until he got knocked right onto his hole. A lot of heart shown by Jones to make it to the second round, but I was surprised he was given the opportunity to do so. Without the benefit of hindsight, that should have been stopped in the first round. 

I think I was watching a different fight to a lot of people in the main event. I had it clearly for Edgar. I scored it 4-1 for him, and really if I wanted to I could have given him a fifth. They were all super close rounds obviously. Frankie just looked better to me. A hell of a scrap though and both men fought very hard for this one. I'm pleased Edgar got the win and would like Edgar Vs Cruz, like Wand mentioned or else Yan or Cejudo. I'm not so sure he'd fight Sterling or Moraes? Think Moraes was/is a team mate and there's a connection there with Sterling too? 

Munhoz isn't going anywhere though. I'd watch Munhoz Vs Aldo or all day. I would have said Sandhagen but I think he's booked against Mighty Marlon?

Dwight Grant, like Valiev, also got unlucky where ref stoppages go. Toughness again shown by Rodriguez, and this was a heck of a one round fight. Mayhem. 

Edit: I've only just watched the Jordan Wright finish. Not only do I like his nickname (The Beverley Hills Ninja) but what a way to start a fight. Lands a spinning wheel kick that knocks Vilanueva down, but then explodes his whole eyebrow with a knee in the clinch. That cut was rotten to look at. A really good stoppage by the doctor here. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Moderators
On 8/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, David said:

This is the first show in god-knows how long that I didn't even bother watching at all. I looked for spoilers on the Edgar fight and chose not to bother even watching the main event.

Same here. I turned it on late and caught the main event and that was about it.