Jump to content

General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t know. It’s a mad league. If United unearthed the next Virgil Van Dijk and patched up left back and had a more mobile useful holding mid they could quite reasonably flat track bully themselves in to contention. Granted that’s a big old ‘if’ but if any club has the money and draw it’s United.

Liverpool have had two fantastic seasons with a comparatively small squad so it *could* be done. But if United get a couple of injuries, then it exposes that squad, unless Solsjkaer digs into the U23s and finds a couple more good 'uns. Which is possible, but I think the fact he hasn't played many of them in the cups could be telling.

Plus, the Glazers have no reason to buy more players. United got in the Champions League and they took one look at the league and realised that we'd have to be REALLY shit not to finish in the top four. We had about 40% of a good season last season and finished third. That's all they need, winning trophies doesn't really equal to that much more revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Butch Sunny.mp4

They even used a cracking Dusty finish in the Brighton/United match...

Up The Shagging Hollywood Town    

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Plus, the Glazers have no reason to buy more players. United got in the Champions League and they took one look at the league and realised that we'd have to be REALLY shit not to finish in the top four. We had about 40% of a good season last season and finished third. That's all they need, winning trophies doesn't really equal to that much more revenue.

This post aged like protein shake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
11 minutes ago, seph said:

This post aged like protein shake.

In what way? This result won't change their mindset at all. It's been on the cards every league game this season and they're buying 34 year old strikers instead of defenders. The Glazers are getting exactly what they want. They won't care a bit about today's result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

In what way? This result won't change their mindset at all. It's been on the cards every league game this season and they're buying 34 year old strikers instead of defenders. The Glazers are getting exactly what they want. They won't care a bit about today's result.

It's the highest profile kicking in months, the most toothless the squad has looked in months and at a very high profile point in the season. Perhaps "what the Glazers want" could use a bit more elaboration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Glazers want top 4 finishes and huge profits but they’ll settle for huge profits. The odd kicking doesn’t and won’t stop that from happening. 

This will be a mad season and could be determined by which team’s players adhere to social distancing for fucks sake. Dominic Calvert Lewin looks like Shearer reborn and Everton are top of the league and the iTunes chart. We’ll see loads of mad results this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
39 minutes ago, seph said:

It's the highest profile kicking in months, the most toothless the squad has looked in months and at a very high profile point in the season. Perhaps "what the Glazers want" could use a bit more elaboration.

Why does it need more elaboration? Isn't it clear what the Glazers want and have got from the club, and will continue to get?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why does it need more elaboration? Isn't it clear what the Glazers want and have got from the club, and will continue to get?

Profit that is absolute madness to assume will stay exactly at present levels in this current climate? Wait, that requires forward thinking. My mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Glazers want top 4 finishes and huge profits but they’ll settle for huge profits. The odd kicking doesn’t and won’t stop that from happening. 

This will be a mad season and could be determined by which team’s players adhere to social distancing for fucks sake. Dominic Calvert Lewin looks like Shearer reborn and Everton are top of the league and the iTunes chart. We’ll see loads of mad results this year.

How did this one age @seph?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

How did this one age @seph?

Didn't bring your post into question at all.  In fact you and Devon followed your own answers after neither of you particularly needed to, following this - 

1 hour ago, seph said:

Profit that is absolute madness to assume will stay exactly at present levels in this current climate? Wait, that requires forward thinking. My mistake.

Any snappy retorts?

Edited by seph
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I was ripping the piss out of my team getting smashed by Villa nil Immediately after declaring “We’ll see loads of mad results this year”. 

Apologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Keep David Moyes on Zoom. I would have been happy with 3 points before Christmas, we’ve had 6 points and scored 7 in our last two games.

Watch us sell Rice for £20 million tomorrow and be shot for the rest of the season to boot.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Newcastle fan, and so ostensibly a neutral when it comes to the top of the table, can I request that we never let fans back in?  The football has been random as fuck since the restart last season and it's been infinitely more interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

As a Newcastle fan, and so ostensibly a neutral when it comes to the top of the table, can I request that we never let fans back in?  The football has been random as fuck since the restart last season and it's been infinitely more interesting.

Hold your horses with the form shown by Man City and Liverpool Newcastle will be fighting for the title with Everton.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...