What would WWE have to do, for you to switch off?

• Paid Members

I first quit on ethical grounds back during the Muhammad Hassan storyline. Shamefully, I found myself gradually coming back to it a few years later, then drifted away around 2011, owing to the product being cack. I think I only caught the Wyatt Family vs. The Shield match, and from then on I haven't bothered. The Massaro incident and the Saudi shows were the crowning turd in the waterpipe, added to what we already knew, to finally guarantee I will never knowingly give money to WWE ever again. 

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

When does it become mass rape?  Do you have a number in mind?  I can't remember if there was an exact moment that made me stop watching/giving them money but the Ashley Massaro incident ensured I'd never give them another penny.

Well for me any is a problem. But if it is a systemic problem it's not one individual being an arsehole. But I don't follow much wwe news tbh. 

• Paid Members

The problem with the Massaro rape wasn't solely the rape, it was how McMahon swept it under the carpet and told her not to make anything of it because the relationship with the armed forces was important to the company, according to Massaro. This is in addition to the company pressuring her to wrestle before she was ready, causing her to become addicted to painkillers because of the resultant injuries, which WWE's defenders jumped on as a means of trying to discredit her statements (something the WWE management didn't exactly go out of their way to discourage). 

• Paid Members

It's really bothersome the ease with which WWE managed to sweep the Massaro rape and treatment under the carpet. Most serious companies would have been hammered for it, but wrestling is such pondlife pop culture to the mainstream that it didn't get much, if any, coverage. Doesn't help the wrestling bubble is filled with 'journalists' that are whimpering fan boys - MMA has this problem too.

The fact Massaro will never get the justice she deserves still angers me. Anyone that read about what she went through, I can't imagine your view on WWE and wrestling hasn't changed. Not if you have anything about you.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Doesn't help the wrestling bubble is filled with 'journalists' that are whimpering fan boys - MMA has this problem too.

Very much this. It was weird being in the middle of that with it going online, to an extent, because it meant it was easy to see where it was and wasn't picked up. Bixenspan was the only person to really run with it and try and find out more (what with the inconsistencies in WWE's story, with them changing policies after what happened to Massaro, while claiming not to know about it). It took a while for any wrestling sites to dare run with it at all, despite it being the biggest story on the wrestling Reddit up until that time.

Meltzer was fucking awful around it, with his usual "well, I mean, she said it, she definitely said it, but then y'know, it'd be awful if that happened, but y'know, she's said some other stuff that's unfortunate and that doesn't look good for her, so, I mean, maybe it happened but we'll never know'. I guess he's a reporter rather than a journalist, but it was clear he wanted nothing to do with the story.