CBD Products - anyone use them? Advice/tips/experiences please!

Morning, does anyone on here use CBD products such as oil and gummies? I have been looking up various oils but i am a bit baffled by it, and cautious to buy due to the price and that their is no guarantee it will work 

Its something i have been wanting to try for a while to help my ongoing issues with bipolar, insomnia and lack of appetite and i have read some good reviews, but i am always cautious about the legitimacy of online reviews on amazon or the company selling the products website 

I would like something fairly strong as i don't think a small dose is going to cut it for me frankly with how bad i am, what is the strongest? 

I am going to have to try to sell a few things to help afford it so i dont think i will be getting it for a week or so

Would really appreciate any advice off you fine UKFF folk

Thanks! ^_^

Not a single CBD product legally available in the UK is FSA approved. I'm not aware of any clinical trials having been completed on them in the UK and they're unlikely to do so because they're classed as food supplements not medicine's.

The doses are so low of what's legally available that in my opinion they're unlikely to be any more than a placebo, particularly if you're in a significant degree or pain and suffering which I'm sorry to hear.

The reviews/results are to my knowledge only anecdotal opinion's of users or as you alluded to in your original post those who are praising it as they're selling it or being paid to endorse it.

Of course there's lots of celebrities who have and are endorsing it. If I was offered the money they are to do so then I probably would too.

With a minimal amount of looking into it you'll be able to find a plethora of people saying it didn't work at all for them and it had no effect other than leaving them feeling worse due to being heavily out of pocket.

I've known people who were terminally ill who were able to get CBD oil of higher strength through non legal measures which I know helped them greatly with pain but it was much stronger doseage than the maximum 0.2% permitted legally.

I'm definitely not suggesting or advising you do the same, I'm only mentioning that as a point of reference to help with the distinction between the pain relief offered by CBD oil and the likelihood of you experiencing that through highly priced commercially available products because I don't want you wasting your money.

Edited by Jonny Vegas
Posted (edited)

Wow, thanks for that amazing reply,! It has confirmed my suspicions 

I will look into other ways of helping myself via alternative measures. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply with such an in depth post! 

Edited by Ralphy
5 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Not a single CBD product legally available in the UK is FSA approved. I'm not aware of any clinical trials having been completed on them in the UK and they're unlikely to do so because they're classed as food supplements not medicine's.

The doses are so low of what's legally available that in my opinion they're unlikely to be any more than a placebo, particularly if you're in a significant degree or pain and suffering which I'm sorry to hear.

The reviews/results are to my knowledge only anecdotal opinion's of users or as you alluded to in your original post those who are praising it as they're selling it or being paid to endorse it.

Of course there's lots of celebrities who have and are endorsing it. If I was offered the money they are to do so then I probably would too.

With a minimal amount of looking into it you'll be able to find a plethora of people saying it didn't work at all for them and it had no effect other than leaving them feeling worse due to being heavily out of pocket.

I've known people who were terminally ill who were able to get CBD oil of higher strength through non legal measures which I know helped them greatly with pain but it was much stronger doseage than the maximum 0.2% permitted legally.

I'm definitely not suggesting or advising you do the same, I'm only mentioning that as a point of reference to help with the distinction between the pain relief offered by CBD oil and the likelihood of you experiencing that through highly priced commercially available products because I don't want you wasting your money.

Was going to add to this in so much that much of the CBD oil at higher levels, especially for those vapes or in sweets such as Nerds (yes, really) are at a much higher level than previously thought PDF from the Gov here re Nerds as a method of ingestion https://www.cas.mhra.gov.uk/ViewandAcknowledgment/ViewAttachment.aspx?Attachment_id=103632

There are also issues with whitey's amongst the higher concentrations as vape mixes.