Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Best Guest Stars

Hogan turns up in two,episodes of the A-Team. Body Slam, and The Trouble With Harry. The Body slam episode also features Gene Okerlund ,Dynamite Kid, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Bobby Heenan, Rick McGraw, Davey Boy Smith, Big John Studd and Greg Valentine in little cameos and pickup shots. I always felt like the some of the backstage scene from the episode were filmed at the first Wrestlemania because of the look of the corridors and things.

38 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Hogan turns up in two,episodes of the A-Team. Body Slam, and The Trouble With Harry. The Body slam episode also features Gene Okerlund ,Dynamite Kid, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Bobby Heenan, Rick McGraw, Davey Boy Smith, Big John Studd and Greg Valentine in little cameos and pickup shots. I always felt like the some of the backstage scene from the episode were filmed at the first Wrestlemania because of the look of the corridors and things.

Maybe not Wrestlemania, but according to the trivia on IMDB the match between Hogan and Valentine took place at MSG on July 23rd 1984. So same venue but 8 months earlier.

Obviously Mr T was in the building on Wrestlemania night, but I doubt Vince would’ve allowed a separate TV show to film on the biggest night of the company at the time. WWF ran MSG quite often in the mid 80s, so it would depend on when the main block of filming would’ve taken place.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The Actor Kevin Eldon managed to play two guest roles in Game of Thrones, I'm sure there are countless times he's been in a single episode of a show.

There are a few decent Game of Thrones guest stars. One of my favourites is Mac from It's Always Sunny taking an arrow through the eye in the opening episode of season 8.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The Actor Kevin Eldon managed to play two guest roles in Game of Thrones, I'm sure there are countless times he's been in a single episode of a show.

Great shout.

Spaced, Knowing Me Knowing Yule, I’m Alan Partridge, 15 Storeys High all came to mind straight away - I bet there are loads more too.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:43 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Or one episode wonders.

Obviously the winner is this one.

What's my problem? Punks like you, that's my problem!” Mr Bookman ...

But you can nominate second bests.

Genuinely, the best guest role ever. A force of nature on that episode. Robs the show from anyone who tries.

On the Seinfeld front, Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Arrested Development is so fucking amazing. Playing a blind woman who isnt really blind sounds simple on paper. It turns into a give her all the awards performance in the hands of JLD.

6 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Genuinely, the best guest role ever. A force of nature on that episode. Robs the show from anyone who tries.

On the Seinfeld front, Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Arrested Development is so fucking amazing. Playing a blind woman who isnt really blind sounds simple on paper. It turns into a give her all the awards performance in the hands of JLD.

The look on her face when she grabs the bat is absolutely joyous, as is David Cross slipping around her apartment.

Screenshot_20200802_004520_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Love, Exciting and new... 

Edited by PowerButchi

5 hours ago, dopper said:

Great shout.

Spaced, Knowing Me Knowing Yule, I’m Alan Partridge, 15 Storeys High all came to mind straight away - I bet there are loads more too.

He popped up in eastenders a couple of years back. Playing a mild mannered hitman hired by Danny Dyer.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

The best guest appearance was from this very year- Joe Pasquale in Doctors

EDIT: Removed, didn't want to spoil it for anyone that's yet to see it.

Edited by johnnyboy

Martin Keown and Gianfranco Zola in the Renford Rejects, a show I adored as a kid. Keown played a skilful, diving, soft touch who was muscled off the ball easily and Zola played a hard man fouling people, barging them off the ball before eventually being sent off if I remember right. Jim Rosenthal and Bob Wilson were always great value in their recurring roles on the show too, even if it was never explained how or why they were there!

1 hour ago, DCW said:

Keown played a skilful, diving, soft touch who was muscled off the ball easily and Zola played a hard man fouling people, barging them off the ball before eventually being sent off if I remember right

I think Zola did get sent off. They both explained in the show how they’ve always wanted to play like the other. 

They got some big names in football on that show. Some of the ones I remember were Ian Rush, Geoff Hurst, Gordon Banks, Martin Peters, Harry Redknapp and Stan Bowles. 

Always wanted a rejects kit. I’m surprised they never brought them out during the time.