UFC 252: Miocic vs Cormier 3 - Aug 15 šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, David said:

Couldn't win the big one though. McG is a two-division champ and he's a cokehead with fuck all grappling. The bar isn't very high.

Nunes and Cejudo are the other 2D champs though - if anything, McG brings the average down. Sure, Legohead is a tosser, but he's legit.

DC is top 20 all-time. He perhaps scrapes into the top 10 if you are being generous.Ā 

I wouldn'tĀ rank him above the likes of GSP, Aldo, Mighty Mouse, and Jones. I also rank the likes of Holloway, Cruz, McGregor, and Dillashaw above him, because they competed in much better weightclasses with higher standards of competition.Ā Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

McGregor is the only one whoĀ didnā€™t even attempt to defend either of his belts. Heā€™s definitely bottom of the barrel.Ā 

Yeh, his champ-champ status is really only notable for having been the first. As it is, it's a bit of a "England Wayne Rooney" record.

51 minutes ago, neil said:

That's 45 minutes @Egg ShenĀ - whats going on in it?

A summary....

According to Oā€™Malley, thereā€™s noĀ serious damage to the ankle. He said he ā€œjust rolled it about seven timesā€ and indicated the problem couldā€™ve stemmed from his pre-fight decision to loosen the wraps on his feet.

ā€œWarming up in the back, everything was perfect,ā€ Oā€™Malley said onĀ ā€œThe Timbo and Sugar Showā€ podcast. ā€œIā€™m in (expletive) good shape. Iā€™m breaking this mother(expletive) 100 percent in my mind. I get back there, doing our warm-up, everything is going perfect. About five minutes before weā€™re set to walk Iā€™m like, ā€˜Do you think you could (expletive) loosen up my ankle brace? Itā€™s (expletive) tight.ā€™ So heā€™s sitting back loosening up my ankle braces because they were tight. Thatā€™s about it.

ā€œWalked out, everything felt good, got in there. I was in front of him, and Iā€™m like, in my mind, Iā€™m like, ā€˜This is easy. Heā€™s slow. He canā€™t hit me.ā€™ You canā€™t hit me, and you canā€™t take me down. I didnā€™t think he was going to be able to take me down because he was so slow. ā€¦ God, just standing there knowing I had one leg and like, ā€˜He still sucks.'ā€

Oā€™Malley gave Vera no credit for the outcome. He said he felt he was in ā€œcomplete controlā€ from the very start, but then it turned on a dime. There are parts of that reality Oā€™Malley can accept, and others heā€™s still grappling with.

ā€œWe picked the date, we picked the time, and we both walked out. It doesnā€™t matter what the (expletive) happens,ā€ Oā€™Malley said. ā€œWhoever wins, how it happens, however they win, wins. He won. It sucks for me, because I lost to someone who I look at as not very good. I look at him, and Iā€™m like, ā€˜Heā€™s not that good.ā€™ And I (expletive) lost to him. Thatā€™s whatā€™s the most frustrating thing. Losing to someone Iā€™m better than. That ā€˜humbleā€™ post was a (expletive) joke. So for everyone commenting stupid (expletive), Iā€™m not humble.

ā€œLetā€™s look at his career in five years, and letā€™s look at mine. Iā€™m going to be (expletive) world champ, and heā€™s going to be a (expletive) journeyman. Thatā€™s just what his style is. He wins some; he loses some. Heā€™s slow, but heā€™s gritty, so heā€™s going to be able to finish some people after they beat him up for a while. ā€¦ He gets lucky and beats me and jumps up like he won the (expletive) lottery. That just shows what kind of a (expletive) he was.ā€

ā€œLiterally the only thing that bugs me is I lost in a way where I feel like I didnā€™t lose, and I lost to a guy I feel like is not that good,ā€ Oā€™Malley said. ā€œI had the same pain, but all around my ankle, and I remember dragging my foot up against the cage like, ā€˜(Expletive).ā€™ Even still, didnā€™t feel in danger. Iā€™m like, ā€˜OK, Iā€™m not very mobile, but I donā€™t feel in danger. I donā€™t feel like heā€™s a threat.ā€™ I was hoping he would shoot in on me so I could try to guillotine him. (Expletive) cracked him with a good shot, then that last little flurry I had. I donā€™t think he punched me once on my feet, even after my foot was (expletive) up.ā€

Ā 

Edited by David